Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
A Couple of Easy Questions about Coolreader?

1) What is the difference between 3.0 and 3.0.30? Is the upgrade worth it?

2) Where do I put the FONTS in the .cr3 folder? (Or at least I think I saw on here somewhere that yew can add fonts to the .cr3 folder? Maybe I was wrong?) *Blink* And do I need to have all four fonts with that oddball naming for them to show up in the menu?
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
1) What is the difference between 3.0 and 3.0.30?
3.0.30 has support for very large ebook files, caching of current and last read book, improved EPUB support, and a few other details that are not coming to mind immediately. Caching allows for rapid switching between books within CoolReader, and also faster opening on second and subsequent openings.
Quote:
Is the upgrade worth it?
I guess that is for you to decide. Personally, I am not looking back.
Quote:
2) Where do I put the FONTS in the .cr3 folder?
You do not put fonts in the /.cr3 folder, you put fonts in the /fonts folder. The /.cr3 folder is for plug-ins and for upgraded versions of CoolReader itself.
Quote:
And do I need to have all four fonts with that oddball naming for them to show up in the menu?
What "oddball naming" are you referring to? Fonts usually come with filenames when you download them don't they? You just need to remember that Linux is case sensitive, so fonts need to have ttf extension in all lower case or they will not be recognized as fonts. The font name that CoolReader will show you in it's font selection dialog will be the name contained inside the font's meta data. I don't know what "all four fonts" that you refer to means, but you obviously need the versions on the fonts that you expect to use. I usually try to have at least normal and italic versions of any font face that I want to use. CoolReader can bold a font without having a specific bold version installed, but you can also install a bold version of the font if you like.

EDIT:
You can read all the news for yourself here if you read Russian or can make sense of a Google translation:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7509

Last edited by Dave_S; 06-05-2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added Link
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert