Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #1
jessesn
jessesn began at the beginning.

PDF Fit Visible per page/landscape view

Hi,

I just picked up my Ebook reader from Sony Copley Place in Boston. Had 10 as of today, well 9 now.

Anyways, I'm really liking the it, but it's not as easy as I hoped to read my own PDFs. Granted I was prepared for this and with the landscape it's not so bad and with the Fit Visible (hitting the Size button so that it displays M) it's great. However, it doesn't seem to be doing a Fit Visible on each particular page. It seems to find the boundaries for the page I set the Fit Visible on and continue to use those boundaries for the subsequent pages. I understand this probably helps by keeping the fonts the same size every page, but I'd really like for it to maximize screen usage on a page-by-page basis. Anyone else notice this? Better yet anyone have a solution I overlooked?

One other thing, is it possible to read in landscape, so that the next page is at the bottom? (Helpful if you're thumbing through with your right hand)

One other silly question, is there any rhyme or reason as to the function of the 5-way joystick when reading? Seems odd sometime it lets me go back one page or go forward one page, but then I'll get the little circle with a bar through it saying that's an illegal action. Can you change pages with the joystick?

Thanks,
Jesse
jessesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The joystick moves fwd and backwd through history, so unfortunately the joystick won't turn pages for you unless you are retraversing previous history.

You can turn it to landscape (but only the one way) by holding down the size button for 5 secs and releasing. Gives you top then bottom of each pdf page on the screen as you turn Reader pages. But you can't rotate it the other way (upside down) to put the controls near your right hand.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
That slow shipping is killing me, I'm tempted to visit that Sony Copley Place
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
jessesn
jessesn began at the beginning.

As okay I understand the joystick now. Thanks! How about a by page "fit visible"? Are you seeing the same as me where the boundaries are set when you switch from "fit page" to "fit visible", and not re-determined every on every page? Is there a preference to set this somewhere?

Slava, yeah the shipping was killing me too, so I need to cancel my order.
jessesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
jessesn, thank you! I just called them and reserved one. Hopefully I'll pick it up tonight.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert