Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #1
myildi
myildi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Glo
Conversion from azw to epub (KOBO) format with Calibre garbages symbols [SOLVED]

Hi,
I love Calibre and I have been using it for the Kindle. Now I have switched to Kobo Glo, but I sometime buy ebooks from Amazon if they are really cheaper or only available there. In this case, I convert them from azw to epub using Calibre
I have just bought a ebook from Amazon and have been able to convert it to epub. The conversion is very good, except on one point: some symbols (greek letters) do not show if I read the epub on the Kobo (in Kobo I have a square with an interrogation point inside). I have transferred it to iBook and they are visible there.
Is there something that I could do to make them visible ? A specific setting of the conversion module? I have already asked for the inclusion of the fonts and the subset of fonts, in the settings during the conversion, but that does not seem to solve the problem. Is this a desperate situation?
Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Murat

Last edited by myildi; 09-13-2013 at 03:21 AM.
myildi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What font are you reading with on the Glo? Some are more complete than others. I think either Gothic or Ryumin are the best choice. If the book has embedded fonts, then you should use "Document defaults". Otherwise, the selected font will override the embedded font.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
myildi
myildi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Glo
Bingo David! Choosing Ryumin has seem to have solved the problem. Thank you very much. I am new to Kobo have not thought to check this possibility. I will also check the other trick the next time I connect the Kobo to the computer.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by myildi; 09-13-2013 at 03:22 AM.
myildi is offline   Reply With Quote