Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
PJinNH
FanFic Fanatic
PJinNH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Kindle Touch/Calibre/Archive/Android

Ok, got my Kindle Touch (I previously had a Sony 505). So far I like it but I'm still trying to figure out everything.

What exactly is "Archive" for...for saving books you've read???

It seems like the only documents I can see through the Amazon website for managing my Kindle are ones which came with the device or ones that I emailed to the device. Ones that I sent via a hard connection to my computer using Calibre are not shown. (I read fanfiction and I found that using Calibre was much faster than to email each story to the Kindle.)

Also, I have a Samsung Fascinate (Droid operation system) with the Kindle app on it, but none of my stories, etc, can be accessed from there -- only three classics which shipped with it (Pride & Predjudice, etc.). In addition, of the stories that Amazon recognizes via their web site which are on my device, it's not letting me click on the option to view on the Kindle...that link is in italics and won't allow me to select it.
PJinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
The Archive is the place on Amazon's servers where it keeps any books which you have purchased from Amazon or personal documents which you emailed to them that are not on your device.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The archive allows you to remove Amazon books and Personal Documents from your device and easily retrieve them at a future date. Some folks like to have only a few books on their Kindle so they use the archive as a bookshelf of sorts.

Others, like myself, prefer to store pretty much everything on their Kindle and rarely use the archive.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, archive, calibre, kindle, touch