Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Would a kind soul please help with tweaking a few things?

I have *no idea* how to edit the required files so I'm going to rely on the kindness of people who know what they're doing

What I would like is:

- in the "Books by Author" section: get rid of the year of publication that shows at the end of each title

- in the "Description" section: get rid of the format and year of publication.

Anyone could do this for me and upload the files? Pretty please?
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I have *no idea* how to edit the required files so I'm going to rely on the kindness of people who know what they're doing

What I would like is:

- in the "Books by Author" section: get rid of the year of publication that shows at the end of each title

- in the "Description" section: get rid of the format and year of publication.

Anyone could do this for me and upload the files? Pretty please?
"In the year of our lord,
Nineteen-Hundred-Seventy-Two" was in the title ?

I am making fun out of your post because it has 2 common posting failings:

1) all solutions are assumed to be "One Size Fits all" cases you may have

2) You assumed we could see exactly how the pattern appears to help generate a replace (with a nil string) REGEX template.

Please copy and paste into a "code" (the "#" on the MR advanced editing menu) (
Code:
 <paste here>
), the exact title, as it appears, to be replaced without the date.

Spaces in the name, count, so don't miss any.

Still, I would not recommend applying the S&R globally to an existing as Library, as other titles may get *fixed* incorrectly
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You've completely lost me there, so I think it might be better if I just drop the idea, but thanks anyway

I basically looked at the sticky "Creating Catalogs: Start here" and then the "Customizing the Descriptions template and Section lists" bit in there which says which files to edit... after which point I was lost, hence why I was asking. Nevermind, I can live with the catalogue the way it is
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really suggest that you do NOT try a automated title change.

What is so hard about pasting the example title nto a MR message?

Sample of the title that the (undesired) Year appears in:

Code:
Analog 03 1973
Now some MR Guru comes back with:
Search field: title
Search for:(\w+)\s(\d+) (\d{4})
Replace with: \1 \2 (there is a space between \1 and \2)

This only works with MY EXAMPLE
Old 03-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
@theducks: I think you're confusing what the OP wants to do. He wants to customize output in a catalog, not bulk edit book titles. (That said, I have no idea how to do that, just wanted to get you on track.)
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Yolina
Wizard

Yes that's what I was after Manichean, apologies to all if it wasn't clear. Oh and I'm a she btw but as I've said, I think I'll just keep the catalog as it - I thought it might be reasonably straighforward to change, even for someone who know absolutely zero about it all like me but I was obviously (very) wrong - so I'll go back to messing around with the registry on my phone or flash a new rom or something, that at least I understand
Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
@theducks: I think you're confusing what the OP wants to do. He wants to customize output in a catalog, not bulk edit book titles. (That said, I have no idea how to do that, just wanted to get you on track.)
My bad