Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Buttons not working in Firefox

I've been running into this problem for the last couple of days.

When I'm typing a reply or post, I cant click on any of the formating option (Fonts, attachments, links, etc) nor the Smiles.

I'm using Firefox 3.02 and while I;ve had this problem in the past acouple of times it usually went away after a refresh or restart.

This time, its been constant for 2 days and through a couple of system restarts and 4-5 Browser restarts.

The thing is that if I use I.E. everything works fine.

I've not got noscript and AdBlock is switched off (Tried it after a uninstall as well)

Any Idea what could be wrong?
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'm using Firefox 3.03 and all works ok, did you try to update your Firefox?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I'm using Firefox 3.03 and all works ok, did you try to update your Firefox?
I did, and Im also running 3.03 now.

I've checked my extensions, but haven't really changed anything recently.

One question I have is what do the buttons depend upon?

Java? or something else.

I thought it might be Java so I checked that I was running the latest version.
I am and the site is working fine in I.E. and Chrome so I'm stumped.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Java? or something else.
I don't think the site uses Java... but it probably uses alot of Javascript. Make sure that is enabled in your browsers. Some security add-ins or other may disable it. So, make sure javascript is enabled. Also, make sure you don't have any add blocker or graphics blocker running. What add-ons are you running?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

I'm running the following Addons

* Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.3.1.3
* Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
* AVG Safe Search 8.0
* Better Gmail 2 0.7
* Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.7.2
* British English Dictionary 1.19
* Cooliris 1.8.3.14081
* Distrust 0.8.1
* Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
* DownloadHelper 3.3
* FEBE 6.0.3
* Flagfox 3.3.3
* FlashGot 1.1.2
* Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer 2.1.0.12
* Greasemonkey 0.8.20080609.0
* IE Tab 1.5.20080823
* Image Zoom 0.3.1
* Java Console 6.0.07
* Java Quick Starter 1.0
* MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install) 6.0.1
* Nightly Tester Tools 2.0.2
* Open In Google Chrome 1.0
* Password Exporter 1.1
* PDF Download 2.0.0.0
* Session Manager 0.6.2.3
* Skype extension for Firefox 2.2.0.102

The thing is I've not installed a new one in about 3-4 weeks.

I've also uninstalled Adblock and tried, but still the same problem.

I reinstalled it afterwords as I found out how much adds on some sites irritated me at times.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:29 AM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Well, managed to correct the problem.

I booted into another profile just to check if the basic functionality was working. Was fine so switched to my usual profile.

I realised as I was going through the settings that I had my Cache set pretty high, so it may not have cleared itself for a while.

Clearing the cache and restarting appears to have solved the problem.

But I'm still curious as to what could have happened?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Well, managed to correct the problem.

I booted into another profile just to check if the basic functionality was working. Was fine so switched to my usual profile.

I realised as I was going through the settings that I had my Cache set pretty high, so it may not have cleared itself for a while.

Clearing the cache and restarting appears to have solved the problem.

But I'm still curious as to what could have happened?
Interesting. Perhaps your cache got corrupted or something. I've gotta try that Adblocker add-in. I keep meaning to try it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #8
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Interesting. Perhaps your cache got corrupted or something. I've gotta try that Adblocker add-in. I keep meaning to try it.
I use a different approach:

I have an add-on called Stylish installed. Stylish is essentially "Greasemonkey for CSS". Greasemonkey lets you run arbitrary JavaScript on specified pages. Stylish does the same for CSS, with the added feature that changes are visible immediately.

I have Stylish configured to apply the Ad-Blocking Filterset P "UserStyle" globally. It's a lengthy block of CSS that defines various things as ads and simply doesn't render them.

Ad-Block Plus is more powerful, but I don't care for the overhead of an add-on actively scanning each page to look for adds. Stylish and Filterset P does a sufficiently good job for me.

Stylish is here.

Ad Blocking Filterset P is here.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote