Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #166
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
seems like my delivery date has been updated to tomorrow...guess we'll see
Lucky you, mine is the 5th.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 AM   #167
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by martingUSA View Post
got mine today, nice...
big step up from my PRS-505

anybody know how to get full justification on epubs?
I'm guessing here, but the T-1 probably respects the css in the epub, so if the book is published full justified then it will be full justified on the T-1 if the book is published left justified then the T-1 will show the book as left justified.

The PRS-950 is exactly this way and I converted all of my ePubs to left justified via calibre. You could convert yours to full justification in the same manner.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #168
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
wonderful, i missed the fedex guy...sigh. Every other time he'd just toss the package at the door.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #169
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
wonderful, i missed the fedex guy...sigh. Every other time he'd just toss the package at the door.
Mine is in chicago I live near pittsburgh! I'm really glad I pre-ordered on the 15th!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #170
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
Mine is in chicago I live near pittsburgh! I'm really glad I pre-ordered on the 15th!
Mine is in chicago too and i'm in LA! further!
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #171
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
oh well at least this way we can all enjoy them on the same day...
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #172
trevgriff
Zealot

the Fedex truck just showed up, but it was only shoes for my son! And I was starting to think Sony came through for me. Well my son will be happy anyhow.

Last edited by trevgriff; 10-04-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #173
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
the Fedex truck just showed up, but it was only shoes for my son! And I was starting to think Sony came through for me. Well my son will be happy anyhow.

That must have been a huge disappointment. Thats what ya get for ordering too much stuff for home delivery.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #174
trevgriff
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
That must have been a huge disappointment. Thats what ya get for ordering too much stuff for home delivery.
Yep, but my reader is now near Columbus, OH, hopefully I'll be reading on it tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #175
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Yep, but my reader is now near Columbus, OH, hopefully I'll be reading on it tomorrow.
I think I can only take comfort in that while I got my reader after some random person picked theirs up in Target, I still got mine before you.

Seriously though, I hope you get it tomorrow. The library support is extremely slick and I'm enjoying it (being a card holder in two different library systems has its advantages).
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #176
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Im sure you will.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #177
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Has anyone tried using Dropbox with it? I am really leaning towards getting one but this would probably be a big deciding factor for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #178
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Has anyone tried using Dropbox with it? I am really leaning towards getting one but this would probably be a big deciding factor for me.
Yes. I was able to download a DRM'ed EPUB through the T1 browser from my Dropbox account. It showed up in my book list, and I was able to read it just fine.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #179
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes. I was able to download a DRM'ed EPUB through the T1 browser from my Dropbox account. It showed up in my book list, and I was able to read it just fine.
This makes me happy! I am within a sliver of getting a T1 now. Lisa's review answered all my questions and it really looks like a really nice eReader.

How easy is it to thumb the pages? I know on my phone I sometimes double turn a page or two.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #180
trevgriff
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I think I can only take comfort in that while I got my reader after some random person picked theirs up in Target, I still got mine before you.

Seriously though, I hope you get it tomorrow. The library support is extremely slick and I'm enjoying it (being a card holder in two different library systems has its advantages).
ouch! that hurts.......just kidding

Good for you I'm glad the orders are finally arriving!

Of course I wish mine wasn't the last to arrive

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1