Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 AM   #31
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
I'd like to be able to use the Cybook while it is charging ! Right now, you can't see the content of the Cybook when it's connected to your computer or the usb charger...
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #32
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneDelse View Post
I'd like to be able to use the Cybook while it is charging ! Right now, you can't see the content of the Cybook when it's connected to your computer or the usb charger...
They should be able to tell the difference between charging and computer hookup. While hooked to a computer it might be ok to dedicate it to downloads, etc. but when hooked to an external charger you should be able to use it. It might also be able to speed up the charging a bit when charging from a regular charger instead of the computer. iPods can do this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #33
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
They should be able to tell the difference between charging and computer hookup. While hooked to a computer it might be ok to dedicate it to downloads, etc. but when hooked to an external charger you should be able to use it. It might also be able to speed up the charging a bit when charging from a regular charger instead of the computer. iPods can do this.

Dale
As a test, someone should try this (I don't know the Mac equivalent):
Plug Cybook into computer USB port.
Click on icon to "Safely Remove Hardware" and select Cybook.
Leave Cybook plugged in.
Does this do anything different than usual, like allow you to read while plugged in? What about if you press the "Menu" key after trying the above?
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
As a test, someone should try this (I don't know the Mac equivalent):
Plug Cybook into computer USB port.
Click on icon to "Safely Remove Hardware" and select Cybook.
Leave Cybook plugged in.
Does this do anything different than usual, like allow you to read while plugged in? What about if you press the "Menu" key after trying the above?
Wouldn't work. The Gen3 displays its "USB" screen even when the dumb USB wall charger is plugged in.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #35
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
SDK

It would be nice to have the SDK but if not I'll settle for a Sudoku game added to the Firmware :-)
Great to hear they're gonna add 1/4 page and 1/2 page for PDF view !

kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #36
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wouldn't work. The Gen3 displays its "USB" screen even when the dumb USB wall charger is plugged in.
Well, it may not work. We won't really know until someone tries it. Using the wall charger is not the same as charging from a PC. On the PC, there are two issues involved - connecting and charging.

The reason I asked someone to try this is that I have seen other peripherals act differently when plugged into a PC vs a wall charger.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #37
Pickle
Enthusiast
Pickle began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenny View Post
Well, it may not work. We won't really know until someone tries it. Using the wall charger is not the same as charging from a PC. On the PC, there are two issues involved - connecting and charging.

The reason I asked someone to try this is that I have seen other peripherals act differently when plugged into a PC vs a wall charger.

Harry's right, it doesn't work. At least not on my linux box.
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #38
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
I NEED an author name index, as well as folders. These are essential to organizing my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Now that people have had the reader for a few days what's at the top of your list for additional features for the next release?
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:46 AM   #39
ashalan
Connoisseur
ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ashalan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I would love to see:
  • ability to managed books in folders, by author, title ... you name it
  • text search inside a book (including, of course, an on screen keyboard)
  • continue reading where I last was before turning off the Cybook
ashalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 AM   #40
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I would like the current position in a book to be saved when the unit is shutting down due to low battery.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #41
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
An urgent item would be fixing the font-handling bugs...
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #42
AMStorey
AMStorey began at the beginning.

Device: cyBook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Now that people have had the reader for a few days...
That's easy. I create books to read from a whole variety of different sources. Without spending obscenet amounts of time carefully crafting each book, setting author details and titles etc, it would be just soooo much easier, if I could ditch the icon view and have a plain list view.

Granted, like many people I have a LOT of books, I read all the time so folders would be useful too, or at least genres or some way of categorising books to make selecting easier.

AMStorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #43
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I noticed that you can put books in folders and they will actually show up in the library. You have to start the name with . to hide them. And the sorting option "folders" works so I assume you can create a folder aaaa and put the books you want to show up first in the library in this folder.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #44
Adam
Enthusiast
Adam began at the beginning.

Folder level filtering

What I would like to see is folders appear in the library and when clicked opens the folder and just show whats in that folder. I organize by Genre then Author, then loose books and series folders in the author folder. If there is a universe with several series that has another folder.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #45
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I noticed that you can put books in folders and they will actually show up in the library. You have to start the name with . to hide them. And the sorting option "folders" works so I assume you can create a folder aaaa and put the books you want to show up first in the library in this folder.
Speaking of the fact that files with a . are hidden on Linux (and Unix in general) : I would like the none book files (*.dat , etc) to have a dot in front of their filenames so that they are hidden unless you need them.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote