Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2023, 01:39 PM   #1
rgbrobot
rgbrobot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle D01100
Kindle D01100 - Run Processing Visualizations or similar

Hey everyone. New here. Couldn't find any related posts on this, and it's a bit specific.

I am designing a clock, and want it to use an e-ink display for the clock face. I'm looking at a minimal design, analog readout but in digital form (no physical hands).

I found my old kindle, and wondered if I'd be able to hack/jailbreak it to this end. I've been using the app Processing to generate these visualizations, and want to use the Kindle to test them out.

There's a lot here I don't know, but the main question is this: What is possible with a jailbroken D01100 in this department? Is something like what I want possible? I would even be OK with being able to load a video on there just to see what it looks like.

EDIT: Running 4.1.4
Note: Not interested in using this for reading or web browsing, unless it accomplishes the above goals.

Thanks!
rgbrobot

Last edited by rgbrobot; 03-22-2023 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Clarifying remarks
rgbrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 02:39 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
No need to double post. Ypu might want to explore and learn your way around theses forums.

Also D01100 is meaningless for jailbreak purposes. Check The first 6 characters of your serial number against this list:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Sorry, but I know nothing about your desired application, but there are those here who do, and existing threads regarding it. You should be using the Developers Corner sub-forum.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:34 PM   #3
rgbrobot
rgbrobot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle D01100
My apologies! wasn't aware that existed. It's like a maze in here! Also, I couldn't find my original post, so sorry for the double post! I hate doing that! I just found the developers corner, and will ask around in there! Thanks!
rgbrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom software, d01100, jailbreak, processing, video