Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #2281
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

I am trying to extract "My Words" from the list I read, not annotations only the words in that list. Is it possible to do directly from Calibre ?

Thanks
Druss
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:13 AM   #2282
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by druss67 View Post
I am trying to extract "My Words" from the list I read, not annotations only the words in that list. Is it possible to do directly from Calibre ?
The word are stored in the database on the device. It would be easy to read using and SQLite database manager, but, I have no interest in adding function to the plugin to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #2283
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

No problem, I understand.
Thanks
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:16 PM   #2284
rinkuhero
rinkuhero began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I am using calibre on windows desktop computer, I don't have a 'device' other than that, and can't seem to get this plugin to work, perhaps because the device section is empty. I installed it because I wanted a column to display the % completion status of my different ebooks. I followed the instructions in the help guide, but, when creating the custom columns, I didn't know / couldn't find what to put in the 'lookup' field for those custom columns, which may be why I can't get them to work. The columns were created and show up correctly and I chose them within the plugin customization, but they are still blank, I can't get it to display the percent completion of my books. Any tips / help?

In particular what confused me is the guide says to create custom columns, but doesn't say what to put in the lookup field, and the custom columns can't be created without putting something in that field, so I just put some random letters. The guide also says to select a device, but no devices show up for me because I'm using this on windows desktop, not an on e-book reader.
rinkuhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #2285
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkuhero View Post
Hi, I am using calibre on windows desktop computer, I don't have a 'device' other than that, and can't seem to get this plugin to work, perhaps because the device section is empty. I installed it because I wanted a column to display the % completion status of my different ebooks. I followed the instructions in the help guide, but, when creating the custom columns, I didn't know / couldn't find what to put in the 'lookup' field for those custom columns, which may be why I can't get them to work. The columns were created and show up correctly and I chose them within the plugin customization, but they are still blank, I can't get it to display the percent completion of my books. Any tips / help?

In particular what confused me is the guide says to create custom columns, but doesn't say what to put in the lookup field, and the custom columns can't be created without putting something in that field, so I just put some random letters. The guide also says to select a device, but no devices show up for me because I'm using this on windows desktop, not an on e-book reader.
Why is this in Kobo Utilities??
That PI queries the attached Kobo for the reading progress.
(I can move the post for you if there is a better place. Just PM me)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:37 AM   #2286
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

As @theducks said, this isn't really a question for this plugin. All you are doing is wanting to store a reading status. There has been quite a bit of discussion of how to do this over the years. I would suggest having a search to see the suggestions. But, if you just want to record the percent read, create an integer column with whatever name you want to use.

But, to answer the question asked, there is no suggestion for what to use in the lookup field because it is up to you. The plugin requires custom columns of certain types. It does use specific names. You create the columns and then select which to use in the configuration of the plugin. And the plugin requires the selection of a device as ALL the functions are for working with Kobo ereaders. None of them are useful without one of these devices connected.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:53 AM   #2287
rinkuhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As @theducks said, this isn't really a question for this plugin. All you are doing is wanting to store a reading status. There has been quite a bit of discussion of how to do this over the years. I would suggest having a search to see the suggestions. But, if you just want to record the percent read, create an integer column with whatever name you want to use.

But, to answer the question asked, there is no suggestion for what to use in the lookup field because it is up to you. The plugin requires custom columns of certain types. It does use specific names. You create the columns and then select which to use in the configuration of the plugin. And the plugin requires the selection of a device as ALL the functions are for working with Kobo ereaders. None of them are useful without one of these devices connected.
Ah I see, so there are other ways, besides this plugin, to get the program to display the % read? I did search for ways to do this, and what I found in my search results was this plugin, but if there are easier and simpler ways besides this plugin, I'll try searching the forums for some others. Thanks!
Old 09-25-2021, 11:07 AM   #2288
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah I see, so there are other ways, besides this plugin, to get the program to display the % read? I did search for ways to do this, and what I found in my search results was this plugin, but if there are easier and simpler ways besides this plugin, I'll try searching the forums for some others. Thanks!
% read is device sensitive. The Device needs to make the actual reading position available (to the PI) for it to be logged in a column.
No 2 brands do this the same (if at all)

IF you want top see this IN THE VIEWER (only: AFAIK this is not available later), Configure the Headers/Footers to show Progress
Old 09-25-2021, 11:11 AM   #2289
rinkuhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
% read is device sensitive. The Device needs to make the actual reading position available (to the PI) for it to be logged in a column.
No 2 brands do this the same (if at all)

IF you want top see this IN THE VIEWER (only: AFAIK this is not available later), Configure the Headers/Footers to show Progress
I'm just reading ebooks on Windows 10 (as mentioned), on a desktop with a computer monitor, does this count as a device? Basically what I want is a Windows e-book reader that lets me read books on my desktop computer, lists the books I have in a big list together, and shows the % completion of each book so I know how far I am in each individual book. Is this possible? I searched a bit through these forums but so far haven't seen much addressing this, will keep searching. I can already see the progress of individual books when I open them in the viewer, but I don't want to have to open a book in the viewer to see the progress on it, since I've a large number of ebooks I'm reading at once.
Old 09-25-2021, 11:40 AM   #2290
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I'm just reading ebooks on Windows 10 (as mentioned), on a desktop with a computer monitor, does this count as a device? Basically what I want is a Windows e-book reader that lets me read books on my desktop computer, lists the books I have in a big list together, and shows the % completion of each book so I know how far I am in each individual book. Is this possible? I searched a bit through these forums but so far haven't seen much addressing this, will keep searching. I can already see the progress of individual books when I open them in the viewer, but I don't want to have to open a book in the viewer to see the progress on it, since I've a large number of ebooks I'm reading at once.
Yes, it is a device (of sorts)
And the % info is not available to Calibre outside the viewing app (Calibre Viewer,Adobe PDF...)
Your only choice is to Manually enter the value into a custom column. (A PITA. We all know how accurate that will end up. I have a tag for each device the book is on; boy is it out of date as I delete from the device when done (I do log the date in a column, but the tag is not a onscreen 'column' )
Old 09-25-2021, 11:30 PM   #2291
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just to be clear, this plugin is not displaying the percent read. It is getting the percent read from somewhere and updating the library. As stated, you can do that manually without any plugin. And it could be automated like this for other ereader devices or apps. But, they have to have the information where it can be fetched from and someone has to write the code to fetch it.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:36 AM   #2292
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Furthermore, if you're not using a Kobo, you don't really have any use for this plugin.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #2293
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
When using "prompt to store [bookmark] changes," is there an option to disable the dialog when there aren't any changes? I sometimes re-connect right away if I need to import the metadata on a newly-imported book.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #2294
jedineofr
jedineofr began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Clara HD
Hello

I save the database every time I connect and I get this error
No particular problem when using caliber or the Kobo. It is only the backup that causes the error to appear

I read that you have to take an old backup of the database. I have one from the beginning of the year and have read a few books since then

How to restore the old backup?
Will the Calibre bookmarks (which are well up to date) recover in the Kobo?

My information
KOBO Clara HD + Calibre 5.28.0 + Kobo Utilities 2.14.1

Thanks in advance

Code:
calibre, version 5.28.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Echec à la sauvegarde de la base de données du dispositif: Échoué: Sauvegarde de la base de données du dispositif Kobo en cours

*** in database main ***
On tree page 32839 cell 2: Rowid 10159 out of order
Page 32881 is never used
Page 32973 is never used
Page 33031 is never used
row 2127 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2128 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2129 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2130 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2131 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2132 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2133 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2134 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2135 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2136 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2137 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2138 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2139 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2140 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2141 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2142 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2143 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2144 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2145 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 8816 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
wrong # of entries in index content_bookid_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
row 2055 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2055 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2064 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2065 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2066 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2067 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2068 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2069 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2070 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2070 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2071 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2071 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2072 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2072 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2073 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2073 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 8563 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 8563 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
wrong # of entries in index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 200, in do_device_database_backup
Exception: 
*** in database main ***
On tree page 32839 cell 2: Rowid 10159 out of order
Page 32881 is never used
Page 32973 is never used
Page 33031 is never used
row 2127 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2128 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2129 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2130 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2131 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2132 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2133 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2134 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2135 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2136 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2137 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2138 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2139 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2140 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2141 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2142 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2143 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2144 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 2145 missing from index content_bookid_index
row 8816 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
wrong # of entries in index content_bookid_index
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_content_1
row 2055 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2055 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2064 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2065 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2066 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2067 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2068 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2069 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2070 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2070 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2071 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2071 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2072 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2072 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 2073 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 2073 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
row 8563 missing from index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
row 8563 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
wrong # of entries in index volume_shortcovers_shortcoverId
wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_volume_shortcovers_1
jedineofr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #2295
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Databases MUST match the contents of the device. I can't believe things on your device have not changed in a year

I would say your DB has become corrupted and must be rebuilt.

You must logout of the device, then log back in for it to rebuild.
You will lose a bunch of stuff like Reading Position, notes.
(If you stay synced with Kobo, this might not be as severe)

Not much choice. It will get worse. The Q is when it gets so bad you can't read.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities