Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #61
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember even if it was compiled there is still the major limitation of the USB implementation in ChromeOS's Linux subsystem lacking what is needed for device detection

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:37 AM   #62
denisuu
Zealot
denisuu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx Leaf 2 (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember even if it was compiled there is still the major limitation of the USB implementation in ChromeOS's Linux subsystem lacking what is needed for device detection

I installed Calibre on my Chromebook and wondered why my Kobo won't be recognized by Calibre while it is detected by ChromeOS. Is there no way to install the right drivers for linux?
denisuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2021, 10:49 AM   #63
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisuu View Post
I installed Calibre on my Chromebook and wondered why my Kobo won't be recognized by Calibre while it is detected by ChromeOS. Is there no way to install the right drivers for linux?
Unfortunately it's more to do with the virtual environment (and security) that Chrome OS provides to the Linux environment. So until there is a fundamental change done by Google in Chrome OS, nothing can be done.

If you share the Kobo with the Linux system (I've forgotten how it's done, but it's probably from the Chrome file explorer), you could use calibre to mount a folder as a device (sorry; I know that's not quite the right terminology but am not at a PC right now). This will allow you do add books etc, but you won't be able to use any of the Kobo specific calibre features.

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chrome os, chromebook