Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #1
gerardarmando
gerardarmando began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question [help] Faux fillable form in kindle

Hi... I have designed a book which has some forms... I made it into a fillable pdf, and it's ok... But now the author wants desperately to take the book to kindle, so I told them that it's not possible to fill it in a kindle reader and the lines will be just there without any functionality, but they insist , so they told me to add a note for readers to use kindle notes so they can "fill" the form with notes... Doesn't sound too bad or too crazy, but it's something...

Has anyone had an experience like this? is there other solution? am I missing something that I don't know? should I add a word in the line so they can select that word to add a note? I have so many questions abou this that I don't know how to ask.

Thanks.
gerardarmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
A better note would be one that encourages them to e.g. grab a piece of paper and write down X. I realize this is not very helpful advice if the author is knuckling down like that. Suffice to say, they are heading for a very clunky reader experience, and no you aren't missing anything.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2020, 04:43 PM   #3
gerardarmando
gerardarmando began at the beginning.

Device: none
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
A better note would be one that encourages them to e.g. grab a piece of paper and write down X.
Hahahaha... Definitely not an option, it's almost like a planner.

Thanks.
gerardarmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Holy moly. They need a print book and an app, not a fillable PDF and an ebook. Hope you can get out from under it soon.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardarmando View Post
Hahahaha... Definitely not an option, it's almost like a planner.

Thanks.
That's ridiculous and misleading. Yes, you can make freeform "notes" in Kindle, but they most certainly have NOTHING to do with lines, spots to add info, etc. and there's no "by the page" or "section" way to refer back to them, like "I want to see my notes for January 25th."

I can PROMISE you if s/he publishes that, she'll receive a Kindle Quality Notice for inappropriate or misleading or disappointing content and the book will be removed from sale.

Get paid upfront.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fillable, form, kindle