Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
Question Library error in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Hi,
I am having an error with Calibre installation in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I keep a sand-box library on my Home Drive named Calibre Library, and a group of libraries on another large drive, named after the Genre.

I have a new error after updating to 5.5.0.

When I start Calibre, I get unhandled exeption message:
"dict" object has no attributes "iteritems"
See attachment "Screenshot 16-29"

When I change libraries, the display does not update. See attachment "Screenshot_2". U have switched from Calibre Library to "Mystery/Suspense" but the Library icon did not update.

Is there something I can do to resolve this error?
Thank you
Thalia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-20_18-16-29.png
Views:	71
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	183496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	70
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	183497  
Thalia Helikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the show details button on th eerror message and post the details.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
thank you for getting back to me!

calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

calibre 5.5 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Linux-4.15.0-124-generic-i686-with-glibc2.0 Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.15.0-124-generic', '#127-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 10:54:24 UTC 2020')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 32) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 14) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/startup.py", line 143, in slot
File "calibre/gui2/actions/choose_library.py", line 259, in <lambda>
File "calibre/gui2/actions/choose_library.py", line 607, in switch_requested
File "calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 859, in library_moved
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 82, in library_changed
self.rebuild_menus()
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 104, in rebuild_menus
list_names = cfg.get_list_names(db, exclude_auto=True)
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.config", line 264, in get_list_names
for list_name, list_info in lists.iteritems():
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
Thalia Helikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:53 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia Helikon View Post
calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

calibre 5.5 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Linux-4.15.0-124-generic-i686-with-glibc2.0 Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.15.0-124-generic', '#127-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 6 10:54:24 UTC 2020')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 32) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 14) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Resize Cover (1, 0, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/startup.py", line 143, in slot
File "calibre/gui2/actions/choose_library.py", line 259, in <lambda>
File "calibre/gui2/actions/choose_library.py", line 607, in switch_requested
File "calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 859, in library_moved
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 82, in library_changed
self.rebuild_menus()
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 104, in rebuild_menus
list_names = cfg.get_list_names(db, exclude_auto=True)
File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.config", line 264, in get_list_names
for list_name, list_info in lists.iteritems():
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
Your Reading List plugin is rather out of date (1.6.6 is from Nov. 2014). I'd suggest checking for updates and updating all your plugins to ensure they are Python 3 compatible.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote