Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-07-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
giotti
Enthusiast
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
How to add downloaded books to CC and push them to the ebook reader

Hello, I would like to be able to do what I tried to sketch in the attached picture where I miss the red arrows. When I download a book from internet to my mobile phone, I would like to:
-add it to the library in OneDrive;
-push it on my ebook reader.

Is there a way to do this with CC or some other app?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion.

Best regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201107_202855.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	183279  
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
CC is basically a program that downloads books in Calibre on your desktop unit to the CC app on your mobile device. As far as pushing it to your ebook reader, well that just depends on what ebook reader you have. I suppose you could run Calibre on your desktop unit, upload the book from one drive to your desktop, load it into calibre and then connect your ebook reader to your desktop and load it.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2020, 06:25 AM   #3
giotti
Enthusiast
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Thanks pwalker8, that's exactly what I have done so far. But I miss the ability to manage the library and the ebook reader from my android phone...
Cheers.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giotti View Post
Thanks pwalker8, that's exactly what I have done so far. But I miss the ability to manage the library and the ebook reader from my android phone...
Cheers.
As far as I know, there is no calibre for android phones.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #5
giotti
Enthusiast

Indeed, that's my issue...
Advert
Old 11-09-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
but unless you want to actually edit books on your phone??? there are several reader apps which also have local library management ( shelves, series, collections, favourites etc. )
any book downloaded to device and opened via a file manager will open in your default reader app ( which you can change) ,
I don't use one drive on an android device but figuring out how to auto copy a download file to it should be easy. I'D start with free FILE/FOLDER SYNC APPS.

you can automate stuff like "add to shelf" in Moon+ reader, for example
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:37 AM   #7
giotti
Enthusiast

Hi stumped, thanks for your suggestion. Of course I can push books on OneDrive from my telephone, but without telling so to calibre it would not update the database.

My other goal is to push the ebooks from the phone to the ebook reader, which is a different device. I can do so wireless using calibre from the PC, but I need to be at home in order to be able to.

Cheers.

PS Indeed, I don't need to edit ebooks on my phone.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Phone uploads to dropbox, then your e reader, if it is a kobo forma, pulls books out of dropbox

I can make that work.

Ps. Most folks do this. Book -> calibre -> devices.( Phone, e reader..)

You want to go: book to phone, then phone to calibre which is wierd

Last edited by stumped; 11-09-2020 at 11:51 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #9
giotti
Enthusiast

Yes, indeed :-)
Old 11-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #10
Gandulf
Zealot
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
You can set calibre up to automatically add a book that's in a folder on your pc when you start calibre.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #11
ekbell
Fanatic
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've taken advantage of the Calibre server to add a book to calibre and then after fixing the metadata I've pulled the book into CC but I realize that wouldn't work when away from home.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbell View Post
I've taken advantage of the Calibre server to add a book to calibre and then after fixing the metadata I've pulled the book into CC but I realize that wouldn't work when away from home.
I think wireless will update meta data in CC, but content server won't, at least that how it seems to behave for me. I suppose if you really wanted to, you could delete it from CC then re-add it via content server with the corrected meta data.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:55 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
I know V5's content server now allows editing metadata using a browser.

(I have not explored any of these additions in depth. OK I just peeked again. I do not see a way to ADD a new entry.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
As soon as I posted, I spotted the way
On the main Library screen, there is a + on the titlebar (right)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #15
giotti
Enthusiast

Thanks for your suggestions. The resulting procedure could work to add books to the main library, but it would require to many steps in my opinion. Moreover, it would not solve the problem of directly moving the books to the ereader.

I see that CC is not suitable to do what I like. That would need something like calibre itself on my android phone which is not existing so far.