Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-26-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast
wjBLqf-_9 began at the beginning.

Device: None
HowTo? Virtual Library... date="today" (or range)

Is there a way to create a virtual library that shows books matching...
date:"=today"
(variable that matches 'the-day-of-here-and-now' date upon which the query was executed)

what about creating a virtual library that shows books matching...
date:"=past-x-days" <-- would be the past 'x' days including today
date:"=this-year" <-- now would be 2020, after JAN would be 2021
date:"=last-year" <-- now would be 2019, after JAN would be 2020

forgive my silly way of speaking.
I am trying to convey the 'system variable' nature of the queries.
wjBLqf-_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
First two are easy. The following should work.

date:today
date:<=7daysago

I believe yesterday and thismonth are also supported. Dunno how you’d do the variable year, though.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@wjBLqf-_9 - the so-called "Advanced Search" tool (gear icon on left hand end of search box) has a Date searches tab that can be useful - not sure if you can get it to do all what you want - but it might give you some clues.

Why 'so-called' because its more like a "Search Helper" Advanced is when you can type a complex search expression containing multiple regex search terms strung together with the 'and's, 'or's, 'not's, '('s, and ')'s where they should be Don't look at me

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Here is one I use to see if I need to send (again) to my device : Looks for 2 days

Code:
last_modified:>=2daysago and formats:true
last_modified is a Calibre field that reflects ANY data change for the title.

Any valid search dialog should be good for a VL
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This is my 'recently added' saved search:

Code:
date:>7daysago
You can also apply this to custom date columns - here's my 'recently updated fanfics' search:

Code:
#fanficupdated:>7daysago AND #fanficstatus:"In-Progress"
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 05:09 PM   #6
Winnito
Winnito doesn't litterWinnito doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Voyage
What about sorting Virtual library results by a different column than the tab with all books? Let's say I'm looking all the books sorted by author, and then hit my VL tab with recently opened which is set with <last7days....can I automatically sort the results by that same column? tnx
Winnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:35 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use View Manager.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:53 AM   #8
Winnito
Winnito doesn't litterWinnito doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
ok, will check it out. tnx for the tip
Winnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #9
dunhill
Addict
dunhill doesn't litterdunhill doesn't litterdunhill doesn't litter

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
And if I wanted to know the books that I have read this month, taking into account that I have a custom column with the finished date, how would the syntax be?
My custom column is named dateendded
And build a virtual library to see the monthly readings with this syntax #dateendded:> 30daysago
How could I see only those of the previous month?
The date is calculated from the day of the date
Therefore, it calculates business days, that is, it does not calculate Sunday.
Solve the formula calculating 34 days
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	8
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	183527   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	9
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	183528   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	7
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	183529  

Last edited by dunhill; 11-22-2020 at 07:44 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:08 PM   #10
ownedbycats
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
And if I wanted to know the books that I have read this month, taking into account that I have a custom column with the finished date, how would the syntax be?
#lastread:=thismonth
Old 11-22-2020, 07:35 PM   #11
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Reader
Quote:
Note that "thismonth" is precisely that, the current month, not the last 30/31 days.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #12
dunhill
Addict
dunhill doesn't litterdunhill doesn't litterdunhill doesn't litter

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Thank you very much, great.
And previous month
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:06 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
use daysago
eg date:>=30daysago
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote