Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 12:28 AM   #1
tamarissa
Enthusiast
tamarissa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Calibre Filter Disappeared

I've updated to a new laptop, and now there is no filter available. I had many problems in the past with the filter not working, but I could fix it by hitting the filter button a couple of times.

I've attached an image of the top of Calibre. I used to have the filter button by the 'search' and 'saved search' buttons, but as you can see, it's no longer there.

You can also see that even though I've selected an 'author' filter, it isn't actually filtering out and displaying only results with that particular author.

Now that there is no filter button, how do I fix it when it doesn't work?

Please note, this is version 4.23 for MacOS; I will not update until Obok DeDRM works with the new programming. I was previously running 4.23 for MacOS on my old laptop, and the filter existed there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 9.19.02 PM.png
Views:	31
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	183498  
tamarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:31 AM   #2
tamarissa
Enthusiast

This comment does not apply; deleted.

Last edited by tamarissa; 11-21-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:03 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
I suspect that you have run a plugin or otherwise disabled the "Highlight" button.

To get it back, go to Preferences / Searching and check the "Show a quick toggle button to switch between highlighting and restricting results next to the Search bar" box.

While, you are there, you can also uncheck the "Highlight search results" box.

This is assuming that what you are calling a Filter button is the one highlighted in the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	highlight_button.png
Views:	7
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	183500  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:50 AM   #4
tamarissa
Enthusiast

That was exactly what I was after... thank you so much! I knew it had to be there somewhere
Old 11-21-2020, 02:52 AM   #5
tamarissa
Enthusiast

Um... one more question hopefully you know... what hapened to the 'mark thread as solved' option? I can't find that now either
Old 11-21-2020, 04:39 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarissa View Post
Um... one more question hopefully you know... what hapened to the 'mark thread as solved' option? I can't find that now either
No such thing exists.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote