Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #1
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Save To Disk -> USB . . . from different PCs

Sooooo, I may be trying to do something unconventional, but, here goes.

I have three different PCs; two desktops and one laptop.
  • Desktop #1 is my main machine, holds the majority of my books and has files backed up to Mega. To answer your question, it's the home machine I started with.
  • Desktop #2 is the one I use the majority of the time, which ends up with some new books on it. This is a new machine that I use most of the time in the office.
  • The laptop is for casual browsing in the evening and occasionally gets some new books.

I have used 'Save To Disk' to save books from #2 or the laptop to a Thumb-drive, which are then imported them into #1. So far, so good.

I have also 'backed up' all my books from #1 onto a thumb-drive.

What happens when I save from different machines to my 'Calibre Thumb Drive' or, maybe more to the point, if I backup my files on Day 1 using Save To Disk and then use it again, to the same disk, several days later?

Also, while I have the floor, in going through folders on my 'Calibre Thumb Drive', I find empty folders, they may have a named sub-folder, which is empty.

Thanks for any help!

John
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote