Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #61
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
Explain. Keep in mind there are only three possible answers.
Yes, but not with the same probability.

If we definitely know there are x days before day D, one day at day D, and y days after day D, and we assume that the probability of the event occurring on a given day to be equal, it means that:

- the probability of the event to happen before the D day is x/(x+y+1);
- the probability of the event to happen on the D day is 1/(x+y+1);
- the probability of the event to happen after the D day is y/(x+y+1).

If my assumption that the daily probabilities are not even is false, then the computation is more complex given how we compute the daily probabilities.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #62
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Yes, but not with the same probability...
Be this as it may, I have to wonder why anyone in their right mind would want to go through that hellish rigmarole when they could simply do a basic on the fly (ergo, potentially less accurate but more impactful) calculation in order to make a joke on an online discussion forum?

You have to wonder...
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #63
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
Be this as it may, I have to wonder why [...]

You have to wonder...
Ok...

As long as you are not actually wondering, we are safe. You only have to wonder.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #64
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Ok...

As long as you are not actually wondering, we are safe. You only have to wonder.
We should stop Wondering. It will only take us in circles.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #65
calliaz
calliaz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hdx
My son's Fire HDX updated to 4.1.1 on 10/21. He had an issue with the dictionary no longer being synched. Otherwise there were no issues. I haven't gotten it on my device yet.
calliaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #66
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by calliaz View Post
My son's Fire HDX updated to 4.1.1 on 10/21. He had an issue with the dictionary no longer being synched. Otherwise there were no issues. I haven't gotten it on my device yet.
Cool. Glad to see it's coming sooner rather than later.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #67
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Yes, but not with the same probability.

If we definitely know there are x days before day D, one day at day D, and y days after day D, and we assume that the probability of the event occurring on a given day to be equal, it means that:

- the probability of the event to happen before the D day is x/(x+y+1);
- the probability of the event to happen on the D day is 1/(x+y+1);
- the probability of the event to happen after the D day is y/(x+y+1).

If my assumption that the daily probabilities are not even is false, then the computation is more complex given how we compute the daily probabilities.
That made my brain hurt...
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #68
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by calliaz View Post
Is that the newest? That's what my Fire 6 has been on since I got it. I thought there was another one coming.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #69
calliaz
calliaz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hdx
My understanding is that OS 4 is the newest one. It has the capabilities for power save and profiles that were talked about in the letter.
calliaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #70
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Well, my 2014 HDX 8.9 updated today from OS 4 to OS 4.5 - release notes contained no information - will be poking around to see what changed - or if this was a 'tweak' of OS 4
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #71
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
So where do you check for the Fire OS version?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #72
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Settings > Device
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #73
sian
Addict
sian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesian makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: kindle oasis ( 2018) kindle Fire hd 10 ( 2017)
is there an up date for kindle fire hd ( think 8.9, 2012 ) current os version 7.4.9 update button isnt lit so im sure if i missed out

Last edited by sian; 11-02-2014 at 08:18 PM.
sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #74
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Don't know if this was posted already, but here is the Fire & Kindle Software Update page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529680
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #75
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Yesterday a friend told me they got the 4.1.1 update, and I checked mine tonight and my hd7 2013 also got the 4.1.1 update. Since I recently got a hd6 it is nice to have these on the same OS now, same weather app, same keyboard. Hopefully will see a bit better battery as well. It did not seem to eat up much memory/storage, nothing noticeable anyway. A good move on Amazon's part, definitely makes me feel better about buying their hardware when I know they will push updates to older devices.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote