Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #76
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Oh, all right! Here! But just one. Stop looking at me like that! What do you want? You were just outside! Another one? Sheesh! Is there no bottom in this dog? Stop drooling! And cut the whining! Oh fer ghod's sake! Here! Have the box!
dogs. sheesh.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #77
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I am going to Denver for Worldcon (www.worldcon.org) in a couple of weeks and then going to Austin Texas for Armadillocon (science fiction convention August 15-17 http://www.armadillocon.org/) and then some sight seeing in Texas a week before flying home.
Where is WorldCon next year? I've been thinking of going back to one, lately.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #78
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Where is WorldCon next year? I've been thinking of going back to one, lately.
It is in Montréal. So we Europeans can avoid the hassle of entering the US again...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #79
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We should have an MR WorldCon Contingent! We used to do that with CompuServe SF SIG. In fact, I'm going to get the ball rolling right now!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #80
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I am going to Denver for Worldcon (www.worldcon.org) in a couple of weeks and then going to Austin Texas for Armadillocon (science fiction convention August 15-17 http://www.armadillocon.org/) and then some sight seeing in Texas a week before flying home.
Well, let me know where you'll be staying and I'll take you out to dinner. It would be fun to see a MR member face to face.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #81
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
We should have an MR WorldCon Contingent! We used to do that with CompuServe SF SIG. In fact, I'm going to get the ball rolling right now!
Ball?! Fetch time, yes?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #82
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Ball?! Fetch time, yes?
Hereyagoviviboy! Fetch! Don't puke up all the bacon on the roses this time, eh?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #83
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Speaking of Iowa, Where were you two weeks ago? I had the Secret Army of the Pshrynkage all ready to take the state down and claim all the bacon and not Security Chief to lead them!

Bad dog! No bacon!
Was that your army assisting the gentleman in the flying lawnchair?
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #84
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2112 View Post
Was that your army assisting the gentleman in the flying lawnchair?
That's the last time I rent air cover.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #85
pshrynk

We were looking at Priceline this morning and found that New Orleans is incredibly cheap. Anyone been there and can report on conditions in re: Touristy things to do?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #86
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not the biggest fan of New Orleans for tourism. I go there a lot on business, get the work done, and leave. I do like the food there with little holes in the wall everywhere with great muffalettas, gumbo, étouffée, etc. Lots of people like to wander the French Quarter which I find to be filled with loud people drinking, carousing, etc. - not for me. Aside from that, I've just not found much there to see or do that I might enjoy. Really nice people - just wish they had something to offer for me.

Oh, by the way: SPAM!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 07-13-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #87
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
where did all those singing vikings come from, all of a sudden ???

(nice to see you back to your old self, vr !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #88
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of New Orleans for tourism. I go there a lot on business, get the work done, and leave. I do like the food there with little holes in the wall everywhere with great muffalettas, gumbo, étouffée, etc. Lots of people like to wander the French Quarter which I find to be filled with loud people drinking, carousing, etc. - not for me. Aside from that, I've just not found much there to see or do that I might enjoy. Really nice people - just wish they had something to offer for me.

Oh, by the way: SPAM!
I vaguely remember New Orleans, Something about a hand grenade, and a Hurricane=Broken Window, I dont know but there were these nice gentleman that helped me out of the bar and on to the Street!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #89
pshrynk

My vague recollections of NO are from when I was a college senior and spent an instructive week there for a convention. But that was in the mists of time, probably bout the same vintage as ZP's ice cream picture.

I enjoyed the French Quarter, especially the jazz places. Just wondering if there would be anything worth going to after Katrina.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #90
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Well, the city has recovered in many ways since Katrina. For the first year, it was difficult as a visitor to get service at restaurants, etc. because many of the lower paying jobs went unfilled. I recall late in 2005 walking into a restaurant with two dozen tables filled with people and there were only two people working: the cook and the server. I left when I realized I was going to be there all day. That situation has obviously changed in the past three years and it seems fully back to life although there are still quite obvious signs of the devastation that was done.

Tags
clouds of enlightenment