Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #16
dbomb1
dbomb1 began at the beginning.

Device: dbomb1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
@dbomb1: Just install update_crpa_2_uninstall.bin to uninstall CRPA.
Don't uninstall the Rescue Pack, it doesn't cause any bad side effects and it can be very useful in case of emergency.
If you have problems leaving the diags mode, see this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...42#post2784842
My screen is frozen on the System Diags. linked below dsmid:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...42#post2784842

I'm unable to shut my paperwhite off.
My computer cannot recognize my kindle. It beeps when I attach it. But it does not see any of the contents. I'm really beyond my depth. Thanks for your response dsmid.

Last edited by dbomb1; 03-18-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: more details of the problem
dbomb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
DON'T PANIC

What is on the screen ?

Does it look like this ? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...chmentid=88633

Why do you think your Kindle is frozen ?

Does it react on tap ?

Have you tried this ?
Code:
1. Tap on "S) Device settings"
2. Tap on "X) Exit"
3. Tap on "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable diags"
4. Tap on "D) Disable diagnostics"
5. Tap on "Q) To continue"
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #18
dbomb1

What is on the screen ?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...chmentid=88633

Why do you think your Kindle is frozen ?
I think and I'm just guessing
1. Accidentally booted into System Diags and may have pressed L) Lock diags screen
or
2) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63&postcount=3
Thought maybe the Rescue pack only worked on PW2.

Does it react on tap ?
No, Kindle is frozen & I cannot restart it or shut it off.

Thanks dsmid
Old 03-19-2014, 02:24 AM   #19
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you ever read the first post of this thread ?
This is not the Rescue Pack ! This is just a Rescue Pack's add-on and it's only purpose is to switch Kindle to diags mode early in the boot process.
Apparently it worked on your KPW1.

Now push the power button for 20 seconds and watch the LED and the screen.
Kindle screen should flash several times and then you should see the diags menu again. This time the touchscreen should be responsive.
If there is no change, put the device on charger for several hours and then try again.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #20
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
...Apparently it worked on your KPW1.
Gotta love confirmation!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #21
dbomb1

Thanks for your help dsmid. I didn't understand what I installed. Your last post cleared up my confusion.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:54 PM   #22
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Thank you. I back from looping diags mode. By the way, i installed crpa -1 . If I want to install version 2, do i need to uninstall version 1??

my firmware is 5.4.3
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:31 AM   #23
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divion View Post
Thank you. I back from looping diags mode. By the way, i installed crpa -1 . If I want to install version 2, do i need to uninstall version 1??

my firmware is 5.4.3
No, you don't need to uninstall it.
And you don't need to install version 2, there's nothing new besides PW1 support in version 2.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #24
Mrsevic
Mrsevic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 st gen
Do not attempt to install this on Kindle Paperwhite 1st generation FW 5.4.4.2.
Mrsevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Mrsevic: Something went kablooey?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #26
Mrsevic

Amm, yap... Luckily it wasn't BSOD like error it reproduced some fatal error message and then it shut down. Next time same thing. After that it booted normaly... BTW do not install fw for any cost mine is slow as hell after it...

I put this hack into the root of kindle if that means sth...
Old 05-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The text of the error message would be very nice information to have!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #28
Mrsevic

I do not remember it unfortunately. I did this on non jailbreak fw...
Old 05-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsevic View Post
I do not remember it unfortunately. I did this on non jailbreak fw...
Ah - then that is your problem.
This package is an addition to the "rescue pack" -
Which is usually (depends on make/model/firmware) installed as part of the Jailbreak installation process.

Install device jailbreak -
Install rescue pack if not already included in above step -
**THEN** you could install this add-on to the "rescue pack".

Try reading the "README" files included with each of the packages (and also the post where the package is attached).

Last edited by knc1; 05-12-2014 at 01:46 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #30
Gigahawk
Nameless Being

If anyone is still developing this, just wanted to say that it doesn't seem to do anything on a KT2 running 5.6.5

EDIT: Output of kdb get system/driver/charger/SYS_CHARGING_FILE is
/sys/devices/system/wario_charger/wario_charger0/charging

Last edited by Gigahawk; 02-06-2016 at 06:01 PM.