Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #1
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Path on Device

By default, calibre deesktop features a column showing the path to each book/document file on the PC. When an e-reader device is attached, calibre finds book/document files on the attached device. Ergo, calibre also knows where it found each of the files on the device. I would find it very useful to have an additional column showing the path on the device. I have studied the documentation (but not the source code) without finding any indication how to access this internal information from calibre. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 09:18 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot make a column of this since this is not information stored in the database. You can see the path of a book on the device in the device view in calibre in the book details panel on the right when the device is connected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2024, 12:20 AM   #3
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Thanks for responding! I understand that you don't want this in the DB, because the DB can be used with multiple devices. But the column "On Device" is presumably not in the DB either. Wouldn't it be possible to create another dynamic column like this?
Would it be possible to do this in a plugin?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:42 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's possible but not something I am interested in doing. And no this i not achievable via a plugin.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote