Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Tori
Tori began at the beginning.

Device: none
Jetbook Lite battery questions?

Ok I just ordered my Jetbook Lte last night, And I was planning on getting some Duracell rechargeable batteries, But after reading about all the people who seem to have freezing problems with rechargeables, Now I am not so sure. I am now thinking of just sticking with regular disposeable Duracells. Any thoughts on this?
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
lhartfield
lhartfield began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook Lite
I have used nothing but rechargables in my JetBook Lite and it has never froze on me. As for brands I use Radio Shack. I have a set that are 10+ years old and they still give me 4 or 5 days of reading.
lhartfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I don't have rechargeables in my jbl, just the alkaline batteries that came with it and my jbl didn't freeze up; it just shut off; and continued to shut off every time I turned it on. This happened after I had it connected to my computer and was downloading books to the sd card. I think when I removed the batteries and then reinstalled them, it reset itself. Now all seems to be fine. I am not totally secure with the fact that it won't happen again. If it does, hopefully removing the batteries will solve the problem again. Hubby wants to keep it, so we are not returning it. Don't know if that is the right or wrong decision.
clerky96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You can get a USB SD card reader/writer for <$3 at
http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=374

Or get an internal unit you can install for $5. Then you won't need to use
the cable and can work at USB2 speeds.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I highly recommend getting one of the inexpensive 3$ adapters.

Makes it very easy to get high transfer speeds to your SD card and then to your Jetbook.
1500 ebooks via Jetbooks usb cable took over an hour.
3000 ebooks via USB adapter direct to SD card took less than 10 min.

Some SD cards are even shipping now with a free adapter.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert