Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-09-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Split library panel

Don't know why, because I don't remember setting it (or even how to access it) but whenever Calibre starts it defaults to the library split panel being open. I have to close it each time. I am not quite sure what it's use is but I don't use it.

How can I stop this from happening?

Calibre 4.7 x32 and 4.11.2 x64

Windows 10

I keep both versions because the GR Sync plugin doesn't work well for me with the later versions.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I know how to CAUSE that (right click the column title: Split...)
I don't know how to undo it.
(very dim :bulb ) You might try the same on the column where the split start ends and see if the prompt is different, if not, try the next logical column
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2020, 10:08 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It appears to be a toggle, assuming it's split, then to unsplit click in the header and select Unsplit the Book list. It's a global setting so it'll be in a calibre configuration file, probably gui.json.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 10:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre simpy remembers the state of the split view. If you close calibre with it open it wil restart with it open and vice versa.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
It appears to be a toggle, assuming it's split, then to unsplit click in the header and select Unsplit the Book list. It's a global setting so it'll be in a calibre configuration file, probably gui.json.

BR
Tnx for trying. I did not want to risk getting it stuck
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2020, 09:17 PM   #6
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre simpy remembers the state of the split view. If you close calibre with it open it wil restart with it open and vice versa.
Yeah, it defaults to split when I open Calibre regardless of changing the split view.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #7
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I know how to CAUSE that (right click the column title: Split...)
I don't know how to undo it.
(very dim :bulb ) You might try the same on the column where the split start ends and see if the prompt is different, if not, try the next logical column
You right-click at the panel spot between the split and there is an option to unsplit it.

I have never used this feature and don't even know what it's for. I just end up opening Calibre and getting half a library with an empty viewer pane to the left.

What is split library for anyway?
Old 03-17-2020, 11:26 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Same as split spreadsheets

Assume you have 20 columns that overflow off the right edge, and the first two are Title and Authors. The Split Library feature allows you to see Title and Authors even when you horizontal scroll to the far right.

You must have selected it inadvertently.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote