Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #46
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I would also need a Star Fleet Universal Translator, a crash course in first century Aramaic, or a Babble Fish in my ear so I could understand him.
I think a Babble Fish would be my first choice.

Quote:
How much of what we call Christianity originated with Jesus and how much originated with Paul?
I think Christianity is misnamed, I should rightfully be called Paulanity, and it originated in a hallucination on the road to Damascus.

Quote:
I would have more in common than he would have with your garden-variety Bible-believing fundamentalist
I think so too!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #47
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
John Lennon. I would love to explain to him why I consider him both under rated and over rated at the same time. Poe as a distant second...I think the dude would be a big downer though.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #48
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
It'd have to be Charlie D. I'd love to be able to tell him how right he was.

Second place? One of the chicks from the solid potato salad youtube clip...
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #49
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
There are so many I would like to spend time with. Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, and Socrates are all are near the top of my list, but if I had to choose only one person, it would be Jesus of Nazareth. Of course, I would also need a Star Fleet Universal Translator, a crash course in first century Aramaic, or a Babble Fish in my ear so I could understand him.

So why Jesus? I find him fascinating. I think he was a religious genius who boldly introduced new ways of thinking about God. In a society that was bound to tradition and strict adherence to written scriptural mandates, he was progressive enough to say, “You have heard it said, an eye for an eye, but I say...” This is pretty radical stuff; apparently he was no Scriptural literalist.

There are so many things I’d like to know about him. Was he bi-polar? If his biographers are to have any credence, he could be magnanimous one moment and cursing fig trees the next. His own family thought he was off his rocker. Did he consider his mission to be a universal one, or only limited to Israel? In a patriarchal society, he dared to travel with women and count them among his followers. What were his personal views as to the role of women in society? How much of what we call Christianity originated with Jesus and how much originated with Paul? Would he even recognize his teachings in modern Christianity? Personally, as a non-Christian who has spent many years considering who Jesus was, I suspect that he and I would have more in common than he would have with your garden-variety Bible-believing fundamentalist—beginning with the fact that I don’t believe he was God Incarnate, and I don’t believe he did, either.
- you asked so many of the questions I want answers too. Who was he as a person? Was he really married? How did he get on with people around him? Did he really travel east? Although I am definately not religious he has to be one of the more fascinating & controversy persons.

I also want to meet Ghandi to see what made him the way he was later on;
Nostradamus - could he really predict the future if so, please explain your riddles;
Hitler when he was a kid - so I can beat him to pulp (sorry for that) and prevent what happened (I know, changing history isn't all that good but I think I would take my chance here);
Leonardo da Vinci - to see if his genius was for real and if he was unable to connect to people.
And so many more that my life would be filled with travelling back to observe.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote