Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
all protections can be broken! - but, having said that, PDF has pretty good security options - you'll need a paid-for package to set them up though. I'd expect apple to take care of security for you if you sell through their stores.

go to adobe web site for more info on PDF security.

I've bought PDF materials in the past where the author emails you a separate unlock password - that simple system predates ebook publishing but does not stop a password from being shared.

I am sure you realise that once you allow your materials to be printed then anyone with access to a photocopier or a modern day all-in-one printer/scanner/copier is good to go

When PDFs are sold like ebooks via ebook stores, then adobe have security which manages how many device the book can be installed to & to control what can be printed & how often...

I think rental controls also exist so that libraries can "lend" pdf in a managed way.

Is it practical to sit at a keyboard & play from a 7 inch tablet ? Maybe yes if you have good eyesight can can quickly reach out & swipe as needed to turn a "page", but I reckon my older eyes would need A4 pages...

Last edited by cybmole; 01-04-2013 at 10:28 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #17
maestralien
maestralien began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes thanks I know about security, sharing passwords, printing/scanning... Modern tablet have good displays and I teach also using notes on tablet/laptop... I use a music reader software and I can turn pages by footswitch: www.musicreader.net

I'll post here any solution I'll get.... thanks again.
maestralien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
convertion, epub, music, pdf, sheet