Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Bigbyte
Bigbyte began at the beginning.

Device: none
TOC question

I am very new to conversion and have read some of the posts that looked as though they might answer my question, but I need something a bit more basic.
I have converted a windows .doc file to an epub successfully I have then attempted to convert from epub to mobi in calibre. My document has a working TOC but the mobi conversion adds another TOC at the end in a kindle version.

My question is does kindle need another TOC for some reason if not how do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help.
Bigbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-in-mobi-files
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
Bigbyte
Bigbyte began at the beginning.

Device: none
I managed to create a MOBI file with out the additional TOC. Can I add DRM to a MOBI file created in calibre ?
Bigbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbyte View Post
I managed to create a MOBI file with out the additional TOC. Can I add DRM to a MOBI file created in calibre ?
Calibre does NOT have DRM adding capabilities. Contact the publisher.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote