Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
marmitako
marmitako began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
"conversion_options" & Recipes. How does it work?

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to Calibre but quickly find myself going deep into recipes stuff .

I'm triying to customize a recipe for ElPais. I create specific Collections for my Kindle using the great "Kindle Collections" plugin. I did realized though that when using ElPais recipe the .mobi file created and downloaded to my kindle does not have a tag in my custom collection column.

The idea is to customize the recipe so it writes that tag into my customized column (coleccioneskindle in my case). So it appears in teh right Collection when sent to the Kindle.

I did start trying using conversion_options in order to "inject" a new tag into the library tags column or simply "declaring" a conversion_options override as the following:

Quote:
conversion_options = {
'comment' : u'Diario Español',
'tags' : 'Noticias,Perros',
'publisher' : u'El Pais Publicaciones',
'language' : 'es',
'coleccioneskindle' : 'Periodicos'
}
Well it seems not to work at all!. Code seems to be syntactically OK but the content for the fields specified -even for tags or comment- did not simple appear in .mobi file when recipe is executed.

Does this conversion_options stuff works?. What I'm doing wrong?

Any help or idea?

Many thanks, in advance and thanks for ths great Forum and Program -Calibre os hará Libres!- (referred to ebooks).

Marmitako
marmitako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot do that via the recipe. You can customize what tags are created via the fetch news dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
conversion_options