Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
kfachuh
kfachuh began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Question Sigil mobi (iPad): preventing group of headings+image from page-break

if I want to prevent a portion that should not be broken up from being broken between the pages - in a way that will work on iPad's kindle - what can I do?

It is like <h3> and <h4> lines one below

or image and the <h3> below it that should be always stuck together

And also, to prevent for example <h3> from starting at the bottom of the page
(It should always be above at least the beginning of the paragraph below it

And I don't want to start each of there quasi-sub-sub-chapters from new page (it will not prevent that and will cause more trouble actually)

Is there something simple for that?
kfachuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
This is not really a Sigil-related or Sigil-specific question. Moving to the ePub Format forum

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-20-2015 at 01:10 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Try: h1, h2 {page-break-after: avoid}

again - not all devices/apps are guaranteed to implement the standard completely.

Found in this thread.
Try searching for these answers, they have been asked and answered several times.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
kfachuh
kfachuh began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
That's why I asked if there's anything that will work everywhere (iPad specifically). And now I see all of these methods will be usually ignored by the kindle app itself.
But thanks, it helped me to know
kfachuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is no way to do this. You cannot guarantee font size and how it fits on screen. So if you make something that looks good at say the second font size, if I use the 5th font size, I could easily break what you've done.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipad, mobi, page break, sigil