Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #151
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
The charger for my Literati kicked the bucket a few days ago; got to give Kudos to their customer service, a quick phone call and there's one in the post for me minutes later.
I don't love my Literati the same way as I do my Kobo, but it is useful at times for the color images and night reading mode. I'd be sad to see it die because it couldn't be charged.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #152
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
It's amazing, in a good way, that they are still supporting the Literati!

It was apparently dumped on the market at bargain basement prices. I was convinced it was a close out; and that they'd be glad to be rid of it.

Yet they continue support.

Kudos to the company behind it.

Are they planning an updated unit? With such good support, I'd be inclined to buy the new product if, and when, it's released.
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #153
catiebug
catiebug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android, Sharper Image Literati, Sony PRS T-1
I don't know if they're planning a new release or not, but they were back on the shelves at my local Kohl's for ~$130 yesterday!
catiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #154
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
I don't know if they're planning a new release or not, but they were back on the shelves at my local Kohl's for ~$130 yesterday!
Amazing!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #155
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
Amazing!
That is amazing. Kobo writes the code for this device so they would be the ones to do a new release but this does sound promising. It is a good device. It seems that too many jump in to the fray and then abandon quickly even when they have good devices. I guess they expect to jump to first place in a month!

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 PM   #156
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
It's amazing, in a good way, that they are still supporting the Literati!

It was apparently dumped on the market at bargain basement prices. I was convinced it was a close out; and that they'd be glad to be rid of it.

Yet they continue support.

Kudos to the company behind it.

Are they planning an updated unit? With such good support, I'd be inclined to buy the new product if, and when, it's released.
I spoke too soon...

Turns out my reader has bigger issues than just the charger, and the Literati support has informed me that there is NO WARRANTY for the device, and they will not repair or replace. When I said there are plenty of reports online of people getting repairs or replacements right up to two months ago, I was told this is no longer happening and told to go to Sharper Image for refund/replacement.
Spoke to Sharper Image, who directed me back to Literati, who once again refused to help. I've emailed Kobo, as the software powering the device comes from them, in hopes they can help. I'm not holding out high hopes, though.

It's a shame, really. It was a nice basic reader, and it was really useful for nighttime reading. Now I have an expensive paperweight with a keyboard.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #157
bobfeland
bobfeland began at the beginning.

Device: literati
7 literatis

We have 7 literatis functioning well in our family. We had some problems initially and after a couple of replaced units were crusin' along. Bwe careful to overcharge or undercharge the battery can cause problems. I have two granddaughters each 9 years of age who are having a delightful experience. If it weren't for the literati, I'd never have gotten into ereaders. We are having a great experience. Support has been very responsive.
bobfeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #158
acrc1969
acrc1969 began at the beginning.

Device: literati (white)
Mine was bought on sale at Kohl's alot higher than the Ebay prices. Coinin jogged my weak brain and I contacted the BBB addy he provided. Alas even tho Merch promised replacement and call from tech support within 5 days it's been 7 got nada ,so I again contacted BBB today,not expecting much tho. It's so weird books are in unit but not on shelves and I can't even access thru computer. Shoulda known somethin was up when I looked in literature and the suggested cure was reset for the probs,guess when it was called for so often I shoulda had a clue
acrc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #159
acrc1969

Hey Coinin just really read above post Kobo first told me couldn't help but then wanted a screen shot of the prob( no instuctions of how to get one ) I'm not mentally challenged nor tech savvy. I simply asked for the driver since it's Kobo powered,hoping it would put my books back on shelf. I never really cared that it wouldn't sync because I downloaded books to computer first and connected by cord. I called Sharper Image in NYC when I could not get a message thru on website and received a message on phone to call back within a 3 hour window (what crap).I finally got a tech who promised to send the box to ship for repairs(hell I woulda sent it in the orig. if they gave addy.No box yet,no replacement,No call
Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #160
acrc1969

BBB came thru got a LOOKBOOK instead looks pretty much like a Literati got it on a charger,all the wires from Literati fit.Her's hopin it lasts a while
Old 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #161
TonyTerra
TonyTerra began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500,Sony PRS505 & Viewsonic VEB612,Apple 64GB ipad,Sony PRS950
Ref Montealan,
I must be one of the lucky ones,I purchased the literati for $42.00 Cnd plugged it into my desktop and it automatically loaded required drivers [ I have Windows 7 operating system] then linked me to the web site updated the latest software with no trouble whatsoever. I use it mainly for reading magazine and user guides and my only complaint is one has to enlarge the pages to be able to read them comfortably
TonyTerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #162
caramelblessed
caramelblessed began at the beginning.

Device: Sharper Image Literati
For the moment I still have a working Literati. My problem is I was given a Literati Case with the built-in battery. However, there is no manual with it so I don't know how to use it correctly. If anyone has one please help. My questions are: Can you plug the case in to charge the battery without the ereader in it or do you have to charge them together? If the case can be charged separately, how long for it to be fully charged? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
caramelblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #163
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelblessed View Post
For the moment I still have a working Literati. My problem is I was given a Literati Case with the built-in battery. However, there is no manual with it so I don't know how to use it correctly. If anyone has one please help. My questions are: Can you plug the case in to charge the battery without the ereader in it or do you have to charge them together? If the case can be charged separately, how long for it to be fully charged? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
there is a built in manual for the eReader. I do not understand the Case with the built-in battery. Is this a different Literati than I have? Mine looks like the one in our wiki Literati. If you have this one you can just tap the menu and select help from the menu. It is context sensitive so it gives help in whatever screen you are on. You can also read it like a manual if you prefer by using the left/right arrow keys.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #164
BlessedPsycho
BlessedPsycho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2.0, Nook Color
Does anyone know of a good number to reach Literati at? Or anyone involved with them who does support? Here's the sitch:

Back at the end of July, my Literati stopped working. There were just black and white lines running vertical on the screen and pressing the "Reset" button did nothing to help. When I called their support #, I talked to a very nice woman who said it was a problem with the battery and needed to be replaced, which they would do at no charge. They sent a box to my house and said it would take 4-6 weeks for the replacement to arrive.

The FedEx tracking # I have says it was received by them on August 16th, and I've yet to hear anything back from them. I've tried 3 different #s for them but I seem to get redirected to the same line every time. It's the same message. There's a short "Welcome" message, a "your call may be recorded" message, followed by a brief stint on hold complete with Muzak, and then finally a "We apologize" message and a "please call back during peak hours" message, and "Goodbye". It goes exactly the same way each and every time.

I'd really like to know what's going on, but even Kobo is unable to offer anything but another number that directs back to the same line. It doesn't help that their website also seems to be down as well.

Numbers I've tried:
(866) 204-4714 (from Literati user manual)
(800) 481-7983 (from Kobo customer service)
(800) 374-2744 (from Sharper Image website)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BlessedPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #165
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelblessed View Post
I have one of those charging covers as well. They didn't come with a manual and back when I bought it I tried to get some info on it from Sharper Image but had no luck. I haven't charged it for a while, but I used the Literati's USB cord and charged it from the computer. I have no idea how long it took to charge, just don't remember. The trick is to get the Literati seated right in the charger. It makes it a lot heavier, but it definitely keeps you from having to charge the Literati itself every couple of days.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote