Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #1
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kindle DX , Paperwhite, Onyx Note Pro
I want to add dictionaries to Note Pro

I just received my Note Pro. It's quite nice but the Longman dictionary is quite basic. I miss the Oxford dictionary I had on my Kindle Paperwhite.
I couldn't locate more dictionaries. I know that I need a set of 3 files (***.dict.dz, ***.idx, and ***.ifo) but where to find them?

Can you help?

Thank you
barth90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Check out post #3 in the following thread for a link to some dictionaries in the stardict format which you can sideload:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3685651

Last edited by Question Mark; 06-14-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2019, 07:26 PM   #3
ahmedabdo
ahmedabdo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nova Pro, Poke Pro
Go to the Apps menu, run the dictionary app, now on the app toolbar choose the icon for dictionary download, there are few dictionaries that you can download and install with a touch of a button.
I added the one with 118000 definitions and the one with about 200k or 300k definitions (though its name is in Chinese, but is an English dictionary).

P.S.: the dictionaries list is scroll-able although it doesn't look so.
ahmedabdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
barth90
Enthusiast
barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.barth90 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Check out post #3 in the following thread for a link to some dictionaries in the stardict format which you can sideload:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3685651
Thank you for the link.

I downloaded the Oxford Advanced Learner dictionary. I extracted the 3 files needed (.dict.dz, .idx, and .ifo) and sideloaded them to my Note Pro. They are in a Oxford Advanced Learner folder.

The complete path to the dictionary is Storage/dicts/Oxford_advanced_Learner.

I rebooted the reader and when I am in a book and highlight a word, I am not given the Oxford as an option, just the Longman.

What am I missing?

Thank you for your help.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
You likely need to select the new dictionary as one of your preferred dictionaries. Although you can sideload any number of dictionaries, you can only have up to 5 dictionaries selected as preferred at any one time. When you long press on a word while reading, it will look for an entry in the dictionaries in your preferred list.

To set up a preferred list, go to Apps and open the "dict" app. Press the gear icon which opens up the settings menu. Select "Preferred dictionary Setting" and all your dictionaries in your dicts folder should be visible. You may have to scroll down the list if you have more than 5 (I currently have 9 listed). Just check the dictionaries which you wish NeoReader to use and then press on confirm.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
barth90
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
You likely need to select the new dictionary as one of your preferred dictionaries. Although you can sideload any number of dictionaries, you can only have up to 5 dictionaries selected as preferred at any one time. When you long press on a word while reading, it will look for an entry in the dictionaries in your preferred list.

To set up a preferred list, go to Apps and open the "dict" app. Press the gear icon which opens up the settings menu. Select "Preferred dictionary Setting" and all your dictionaries in your dicts folder should be visible. You may have to scroll down the list if you have more than 5 (I currently have 9 listed). Just check the dictionaries which you wish NeoReader to use and then press on confirm.
Thank you!
that is the info I needed. After the dictionary was sideloaded I needed to go in the dictionaries setting and put a checkmark beside the new dictionary.