Hi
I would like to download an old firmware, for example 5.12.5

anybody know is it possible ?

On the amazon only 5.14
alexbmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbmd View Post
Hi
I would like to download an old firmware, for example 5.12.5

anybody know is it possible ?

On the amazon only 5.14
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow..._v2_5.12.5.bin
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2022, 03:17 PM   #3
alexbmd
alexbmd began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
wow big thanks

2all:
what do you think
what is the best firmware from all 5.12.x ?

best I mean
- increased life from one charge/no drain of battery
- increased performance
- added helpful features
Old 08-18-2022, 03:48 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Your welcome. As to which 5.12.x firmware is best, that I cannot answer as I don't have an Oasis 3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:45 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Be aware that if you already have a later firmware version installed you won’t be able to downgrade unless your Kindle is jail broken.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2022, 09:19 PM   #6
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
If you wish to extend the lifespan of your kindle battery. Here are my tips.

- Don't fully charge it, and NEVER let it run out of battery. For all my Kindle devices, I try to keep around 50-70%.
- Keep away from heat, and direct sunlight (at least read in a shade). Leaving it in the car under the scorching sun is also bad for the battery.
- Adjust brightness to the lowest that you are okay with. If you reading in a bright-lit room or outdoor, you may set to zero.
- Turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when needed; otherwise, always in Airplane mode.
- Never drop 100's books in one go. The indexing process is very taxing. (but it is a one-time)
- Kindle devices never completely power off; they are just in sleeping mode. You may need to turn on your Kindle monthly to check/charge the battery to avoid it running out of battery and reducing battery capacity permanently, even if you didn't use it.

From my observation, the software version contributes very little to battery life (per charge) compared to the above.

Last edited by tekkasit; 08-18-2022 at 09:24 PM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:20 AM   #7
alexbmd

thanks for the advice. that's pretty much how i do it
Old 08-19-2022, 06:27 AM   #8
alexbmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Be aware that if you already have a later firmware version installed you won’t be able to downgrade unless your Kindle is jail broken.
I have 5.12.1 and I want jailbreak so I decided to update to some new 5.12.x

from 5.13, as I understand it, we should not expect much benefit