Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How To Change Calibre's Max Limit for Set of Valid Values for a Custom Genre Field?

See the attached .jpg file. I created a custom Book Genre field with the type of "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values", and populated it with comma-separated values pasted in from the attached .txt file. Works great except for one problem. Calibre only allows 775 comma-separated values to be pasted in. I have over 2,000 values for Book Genre derived from the publishing industry and then standardized for use specifically in Calibre as a replacement for Tags, which cannot have any predefined valid values and hence are dynamically itemized by existing random book Tag values.

Question: How could I increase the maximum value of comma-separated values for a custom field of the type shown in the attached .jpg file? Could anyone please point me to the .py file within the Python code for Calibre 1.36 where the array size might be found for custom field types of "Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values"?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre_Genre_Configuration_Only_775_Values_Allowed_by_Calibre.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	122849  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Book Genres.txt (116.1 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-20-2014 at 11:55 AM.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comma-separated, custom field, maximum values