Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
mom34spartan
mom34spartan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bulk downloading of metadata and covers

All of a sudden my Calibre will not download metadata or covers on newly added books. Did I miss an upgrade or something. Haven't changed any settings.

This is what I get:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	META DATA ISSUE.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	122795  
mom34spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I see that all those the titles have extra stuff in the title field which is probably confusing the search.

I have found that I get better results with just the simple basics.
Title, not title and sub-title or series
Author (editor for collections), not Author and illustrator...
Publisher, blank rather than wrong
Language, blank, or correct
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I see that all those the titles have extra stuff in the title field which is probably confusing the search.

I have found that I get better results with just the simple basics.
Title, not title and sub-title or series
Author (editor for collections), not Author and illustrator...
Publisher, blank rather than wrong
Language, blank, or correct

Also helps if you can fill in the ISBN, there's a plugin to help do that, Extract ISBN ( click)

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:01 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom34spartan View Post
All of a sudden my Calibre will not download metadata or covers on newly added books. Did I miss an upgrade or something. Haven't changed any settings.
If you insist on storing non-title info in the title field then grab the metadata / covers before you screw up the title field. If you still have problems with the title field correct then click the copy to clipboard button (instead of a screenshot) and paste the info in a post so we can see what is happening.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@Dr Ohh

I was going to post saying 'Don't ever' put series in ( ) as part of a title field.
I decided to test before I posted, least I wear (more) egg.

With just the (root) Title and author filled in

My very first test case returned the title as title (series)

*root title = stripped of series and subtitle
eg. War World: Death's Head Rebellioneg
eg. ABC an Xyz Mystery

I strip in most case (there are always exceptions 1636: The Devil's Opera or Man-Kizn Wars XIV)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert