Notices

Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
rjalex
rjalex began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Please help with Search

Dear friends,
I must be missing something really obvious :-(

I find Calibre's Search syntax to be very powerful but what I'd expect is one of the following:

a) Jump to the first match and then have a "Find next" key to look for other occurrences

or

b) Show only the books matching the query

Instead what happens is that I have to manually scroll down the list of the books and visually spot the records that are highlited (sometimes missing them).

Am I using Calibre in the wrong way ?

Thank you very much
rjalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See the sticky thread Search is showing all books with some highlighted! How do I fix this?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalex View Post
Dear friends,
I must be missing something really obvious :-(

I find Calibre's Search syntax to be very powerful but what I'd expect is one of the following:

a) Jump to the first match and then have a "Find next" key to look for other occurrences

or

b) Show only the books matching the query

Instead what happens is that I have to manually scroll down the list of the books and visually spot the records that are highlited (sometimes missing them).

Am I using Calibre in the wrong way ?

Thank you very much
Accidentally toggling Highlight mode (what you are stuck in) caused a plague of questions, so Kovid hid the button. (a couple of plugins seem to trigger the change and do not always put it back when done)

Preferences: Look and feel:Searching (tab): remove the tick from highlight results

F3 is the way to jump to next result (same as in a Windows Find) if in Highlight mode
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
rjalex
rjalex began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks soooo much to both of you, and yes it was the "Search dupplicates" that must have triggered this !

Ciao !
rjalex is offline   Reply With Quote