Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Title changed after download only tags

I use calibre 0.8.26

I only use Goodreads plugin to download tags/genres (checkbox). All is configured only to change tags (meta data source plugin: All are disabled, only Goodreads is activated and only for tags).

I download tags for 3 books and - the title is changed like the title from Goodreads.

I don't know what exactly happend, but I think there is a bug.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
I only use Goodreads plugin to download tags/genres (checkbox). All is configured only to change tags (meta data source plugin: All are disabled, only Goodreads is activated and only for tags).
So your saying the title box is not checked, see attached.

Update: I could not replicate your problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	metadata_options.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	78880  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-12-2011 at 08:25 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
how do you get to that dialog box? I would like to set my metadata preferences like that!

ETA: never mind - I figured it out. duh.

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 11-12-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: figured it out myself
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #4
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Update: I could not replicate your problem.
Title is NOT checked - like in your image.

What can post? The titles of the three books with authors?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
I have replicated this, or at least experience a similar problem starting with 8.26. Normally I have both Amazon and Goodreads checked in Metadata Download, neither configured to overwrite title or author. Both do. I tested them separately one by one. With either Amazon singly, or Goodreads singly, if the title or author are different in the log those fields get overwritten despite not being checked in Prefs/MetadataDownload.

EDIT: An easy way to test is to use test books with correct ISBN but wrong title or author and see what happens.

Last edited by unboggling; 11-12-2011 at 05:20 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
An easy way to test is to use test books with correct ISBN but wrong title or author and see what happens.
I tested this using only Goodreads and this was not an easy way to test, because single book metadata update does not exhibit this error. Bulk metadata update however does exhibit this problem.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Probably a regression caused by my fix for the ISBN metadata download bug, open a ticket for it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Opening bug report for bulk metadata download overwriting author or title when those aren't selected in Prefs/MetadataDownload. More info in quotes from thread in calibre forum:
---
Quote:
I use calibre 0.8.26

I download tags for 3 books and - the title is changed like the title from Goodreads.

I don't know what exactly happend, but I think there is a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
I have replicated this, or at least experience a similar problem starting with 8.26. Normally I have both Amazon and Goodreads checked in Metadata Download, neither configured to overwrite title or author. Both do. I tested them separately one by one. With either Amazon singly, or Goodreads singly, if the title or author are different in the log those fields get overwritten despite not being checked in Prefs/MetadataDownload.

EDIT: An easy way to test is to use test books with correct ISBN but wrong title or author and see what happens.
Quote:
I tested this using only Goodreads and this was not an easy way to test, because single book metadata update does not exhibit this error. Bulk metadata update however does exhibit this problem.
Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Probably a regression caused by my fix for the ISBN metadata download bug, open a ticket for it.
If by ticket you mean a bug report, I'll do it.

EDIT: Done. I basically copied this post into it for details along with a debug log.

Last edited by unboggling; 11-12-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:27 AM   #9
salines
Zealot

I made some screenshots: a series 01.jpg to 04.jpg and also copied the log after the metadata-download.

Is it possible to mail somebody the screenshots and the log?

Edit: What test should I do? I know that the problem should be replicated to fix it.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
mailhauler
mailhauler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Happen to me too, when I updated from 8.24 to 8.26. Not only Titles but comments, tags, publisher, etc. I've given up using the feature until it's fixed.
mailhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 AM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailhauler View Post
Happen to me too, when I updated from 8.24 to 8.26. Not only Titles but comments, tags, publisher, etc. I've given up using the feature until it's fixed.
It seems to work fine one book at a time. Setting options in the bulk metadata download is what seems to be temporarily broke.

Quote:
What test should I do? I know that the problem should be replicated to fix it.
As outlined above the problem has already been replicated.

Kovid has fixed the bug and the fix will be in the next release.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #12
salines
Zealot

Quote:
That's really fast! Kovid
Old 11-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
unboggling
Wizard

Quote:
It seems to work fine one book at a time. Setting options in the bulk metadata download is what seems to be temporarily broke.

As outlined above the problem has already been replicated.

@dwanthny, thanks for figuring out that one-at-a-time works. I had completely missed that since I usually do bulk then fix things manually afterwards. I'll do one-at-a-time this week until fix is released.

Quote:
That's really fast! Kovid
@salines, thanks for finding and reporting the problem so fast.

@kovid, thanks for calibre in general and the fast fix.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #14
mailhauler
mailhauler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The calibre Team is the best in the open software world! Thanks!
mailhauler is offline   Reply With Quote