Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganK View Post
In short, your last option above, tubemonkey, should have worked, and I'm not sure where the fault lies.

In general, AES WiFi support is implemented in hardware (which, as you might expect, means it generally performs better than TKIP), but I don't know if the Nook Color has support for it. (I attempted to look up the WiFi chipset through the MAC address only to learn that the MAC range is registered to "BARNES&NOBLE.COM" ... not very helpful. )
That was my thinking too. I've tried it three times already with no luck. I'll give it another shot next week when I have more time to research it.

B&N is so open ...LOL Remember the big NC event and not a word on the processor being used? Thankfully TI broke the silence and said "hey, it's us and this is what they used".
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
So as to my observation about broadcasting SSID?

I have WPA2 working as well.

But to my earlier post, is everyone having to enable broadcast SSID like I am having to now for the Nook Color to connect?

BTW, my Nook Color charges on the USB cable to PC as well so I noticed the manual was wrong too.
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #18
zvnbadboy
zvnbadboy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I have a problem with setup. Error BAD 1221. Using my home wi-fi connection. Tried secure and open network, doesn't help at all.
zvnbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvnbadboy View Post
I have a problem with setup. Error BAD 1221. Using my home wi-fi connection. Tried secure and open network, doesn't help at all.
Try a local wifi hotspot. You'll be able to determine if it's just a problem with your home setup. If it doesn't work outside of your home, then return it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #20
davidnorthagen
davidnorthagen began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Thumbs down No Wifi!?!?

I just got a new Nook Color and I dont have WiFi. What do I do?????
davidnorthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #21
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnorthagen View Post
Find a local WiFi hotspot (McDonald's, Starbucks, etc.)
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #22
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidnorthagen View Post
If you have an Internet connection (cable/DSL) at home than buy a Wifi router. That makes using the NC so much easier. And apps can only be downloaded using Wifi.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #23
miss33
miss33 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
you have to buy books with wifi but you can read them without wifi
miss33 is offline   Reply With Quote