Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #46
vitalichka
Enthusiast
vitalichka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Yeah give it a shot, if it lets you install with an SD card w/o rooting, go for it but keep in mind this is one of the easiest root procedures I've (most) have ever seen and the new capabilities are mind-numbing. I say keep the Nook and root it, you won't go back.

I bought mine for $230 (lucked out) and then a few days later turned out that eBay had a deal with B&N where you could get $50 off instantly so you could grab it for $199. Don't know how much you'd have to pay but consider that even at $250 after rooting, this is a steal for what you'll be able to do.
vitalichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #47
JHawk
JHawk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Just bought an SD card and installed ezPDF. It looks very nice. But by default it opens file system on the SD card not on your home directory where all pdf are downloaded by the browser. And it doesn't show the home directory.
Luckily someone posted instructions on B&N nook forum explaining how to mitigate that. I copy and paste them at the end. After following those instructions I am able to see "My download" directory and open all pdf file without problems. And ezpdf allows you to rotate, zoom, search and many other things that I am still exploring.
The only drawback is that it doesn't change the file assosiations, so one cannot open a pdf with ezpdf by simply clicking on it. But maybe someone has already posted a solution to that too.

Instructions: "To get to your main folders on the nook in ezpdf (not on the card) go to the import icon (the little rectangle with the arrow on it) It will show the directories available on the sd card. touch the main directory at the top mnt/sdcard/ and tap ok. You get a message that says unable to copy or move. Then go back into the import icon. This time you will see that you are at the root of the Nook Color itself, your file folders are under media the my files. Not very intuitive but it works."
JHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert