I cant open some books in calibre. Error is:

calibre, version 1.36.0
ERROR: Can't open book: Unknown book type: 'OT SATIS'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 40, in run
File "threading.py", line 761, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 99, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 241, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_in put.py", line 33, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\mobi6.py", line 83, in __init__
MobiError: Unknown book type: 'OT SATIS'

what is wrong with this files ?
When I edit file directly in any txt editor first line is:
"The page cannot be displayed because the request range was not satisfiable."

but later on in file I can find:

"calibre (0.8.15) [http://calibre-ebook.com]" etc

can someone help me ?
ciechom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That is not a mobi file. If you can open it in a text editor it is probably a .txt file, which was incorrectly given a mobi extension
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
ciechom
ciechom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That is not a mobi file. If you can open it in a text editor it is probably a .txt file, which was incorrectly given a mobi extension
it is not a reat txt file for sure ... i have edited it in total commander and I can see some binary parts as well ... can I send you this file and you can check it ?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well it's definitely not a MOBI file either.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
ciechom
ciechom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well it's definitely not a MOBI file either.
i did something crazy but it partially helped
I took hex editor and replaced few first bytes of file and calibre opening file now and even I can see some text from the book but sometimes it looks like bad html formating . it seems that this is mobi file but somehow broken Is there any tool to repair broken mobi files ?
Old 05-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Not that I know of.