Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #1
jkcantwell
jkcantwell began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Question File Duplication

I have a structured way of keeping ebooks, and I use Calibre as my reader for several types. I would like to be able to keep my existing structure and have Calibre point to those files - rather than using up additional space on my laptop creating additional copies. Is this something that the Calibre team would consider doing?
jkcantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There is a sticky in this subforum saying they won't/can't for very good reasons.

Still if you paid them enough money

If you just want to use the viewer you can change the windows file association through windows to have it open files of a certain type without going through calibre.

Right click on a book, click properties, click change and navigate to viewer for all e-book formats.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The Detailed Answer, as given in the above mentioned sticky, offers some compelling reasons why calibre's black box should render your existing structure obsolete.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote