Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2014, 04:07 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Series Numbering ....

Hi guys,

Just added two new books to my library. Using >>Edit Metadata>>to set the Series Title, I noticed that the auto numbering didn't work, and both entered as "1".

Using 1.33 (since upped to 1.34 this morning).

New or something missed ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Just added two new books to my library. Using >>Edit Metadata>>to set the Series Title, I noticed that the auto numbering didn't work, and both entered as "1".
Check Preferences - Metadata download to see if you have the box checked to write series data.

If you son't have metadata download set to overwrite or add series info then I believe this is controlled in Preferences - Tweaks - Auto increment series tweak.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-01-2014 at 05:53 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have noticed that downloaded Series Metadata is iffy.

2 books in series (not #1, where the knowledge that it is even going to be a series exists). 1 book has Series metadata and the other does not even acknowledge it is a part of a series.

GIGO

I only use a few of the Calibre default metadata sources + a few others like FF
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Thanks guys.

It seems as though it may have been an anomaly, a further book into a different series was marked up correctly.

I did the first two as a bulk change, perhaps I forgot to mouse hit the window before I moved forward to the next entry

One to keep a wary eye on....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote