Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Hyde
Mistress of Distruction
Hyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Cool Want the Audible points on my Kindle, but the Kindle for Mom - Possible?

Good Day,

My mom is... older to say the least. Probably the record for the oldest person on here to own a Kindle; once I get her one. I listen to audible at work on my phone [I have had an account for a while now].

I want to take advantage of the Kindle + 1 year subscription to audible deal, but I know you cannot do it if you have an audible account already. I also want to listen to the books on my phone [which would be on my account]. I know this may seen... dirty, but I would like the extra audible points and my 90 year old mother would get a Kindle and she is a new user so the marketing WORKED!

Any suggestions are appreciated,
Hyde
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
"but I know you cannot do it if you have an audible account already"

Yes you can, it's for new and existing members. I say link her to your kindle account for the easiest way though you can go out of your way to do whatever you want.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I was already an Audible member and I changed my plan to this one and got the $100 Amazon credit. Give them a call, they'll probably let you change yours too!

Buy the Kindle on your account and just buy the books your Mom wants, and let her pay you for them.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I was already an Audible member and I changed my plan to this one and got the $100 Amazon credit. Give them a call, they'll probably let you change yours too!
Buy the Kindle on your account and just buy the books your Mom wants, and let her pay you for them.
No need for calling unless they really want to. Mine went straight through.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I want to take advantage of the Kindle + 1 year subscription to audible deal, but I know you cannot do it if you have an audible account already.
As long as you haven't gotten the $100 credit deal in the past 24 months you can get it with a current account.

For example: I've been an Audible member since '04 and have a Platinum account. I've gotten the $100 deal twice in the past (in '04 and '07), but haven't had it in the past 24 months so will likely be taking advantage of it again soon. For me I have to downgrade my account to Gold for at least the first month for the promo to work, but can then upgrade back to Platinum if I want.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
Hyde
Mistress of Distruction
Hyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with othersHyde plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks guys; it did indeed work. I have also begun downloading books for her and she is super excited. Also ordered her a cover. Counting me, mom, and sisters; this is our 6th kindle 3!
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible