Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
mppp
mppp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pdf conversion problem in Old Hungarian

Hello.

I have successfully converted a pdf file containing text in Old Hungarian to prc but in the prc file the fonts were changed to Latin letters. Is there a way I can use my Old Hungarian ttf for the coversion? I can't see it in the fonts list.

Thanks
mppp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mppp View Post
Hello.

I have successfully converted a pdf file containing text in Old Hungarian to prc but in the prc file the fonts were changed to Latin letters. Is there a way I can use my Old Hungarian ttf for the coversion? I can't see it in the fonts list.

Thanks
If you have a Kindle that supports KF8, convert the PRC to KF8 (AZW3) and embed the Hungarian font and edit the code as needed. Mobi does not support embedded fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
mppp
mppp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your reply. As I'm a kinda beginner could you please detail how exactly I should do those steps? My original file is in pdf and when I convert that to any other format that's when the letter change happens.
mppp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, old hungarian, prc