Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #16
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It is the same price. They are not offering 8GB model (or 3G) with this color.
I see where they corrected it in the link posted. Still it would have been better to add a solar charged Oasis in gold. For the same price.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:02 AM   #17
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
I'd actually be happy to pay for color choices. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I don't like the Oasis 2. I'd still be using my gorgeous raspberry red Sony if it only had a frontlight.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #18
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Is this Amazon‘s solution for the „Original Cover“ fiasco?
Pretend like the Kindle is better without cover anyway, „as evident by the fact that it comes in different colors“.
Certainly was easier to do than fixing the covers...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #19
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I wouldn't want a 7" ereader. I'd pay extra for a 5" Kindle.

Barry
I think I'd like a 7 inch reader. The 6 is fine for me, but the way I use my reader (at home, in an easy chair) the size difference would be minimal for me. Besides, I could fit more text onto a larger screen, and it's SO MUCH effort to move my finger for a page turn! It's exhausting.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #20
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Is this Amazon‘s solution for the „Original Cover“ fiasco?
Pretend like the Kindle is better without cover anyway, „as evident by the fact that it comes in different colors“.
Certainly was easier to do than fixing the covers...
I suspect it is more that they see a niche market that they could serve and make a little money in doing so. Capitalism IS good!
Advert
Old 03-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #21
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I suspect it is more that they see a niche market that they could serve and make a little money in doing so. Capitalism IS good!
Capitalism is the sole reason that there is such a thing as a “niche market” that can be served.
Saying capitalism is good for serving niche markets is like saying that a president is good for protecting his citizens from the war that he started.

aaaand it's getting off topic
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 12:06 AM   #22
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
and it's SO MUCH effort to move my finger for a page turn! It's exhausting.
Is that a hint of sarcasm? LOL

I have the 6" paperwhite in white I just bought and the 7" oasis and I love the larger space to read. I find the 7" has better lighting oddly enough given the 7" has more lights installed
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:05 AM   #23
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Is that a hint of sarcasm? LOL

I have the 6" paperwhite in white I just bought and the 7" oasis and I love the larger space to read. I find the 7" has better lighting oddly enough given the 7" has more lights installed
NO! I have incredibly heavy index fingers.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #24
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has anyone bought the Champagne Gold yet? Do you like it. i watched a review on theebookreader.com and it is not as pretty as i thought it would be

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...graphite-gray/
Old 03-27-2018, 11:26 PM   #25
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
It's stunning, really beautiful.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:25 PM   #26
HLS
Wizard

I am crossing my fingers for a rose gold
Old 03-30-2018, 06:34 AM   #27
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I had never grown fully attached to my new Oasis 2017 - although I loved the screen and enjoyed reading on it, i never felt the love I was expecting to feel for the 'ultimate' kindle.

I love the colcr gold, so when I heard about the new edition, i was disappointed at being an early adopter of the graphite one.

I decided to sell my original 7" Oasis and trade in some old kindles that were lying around (to make up the difference as I sold at a loss) and I bought the beautiful gold one.

The gold color is nice - it's not spectacularly gold like my iPad, but it is so much nicer than the graphite. And it looks just beautiful when you see the edge reflecting in the light as you can see. I now love my kindle Oasis and will be happy to spend the next three years or so reading on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4530.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	836.4 KB
ID:	163165  
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:58 PM   #28
HLS
Wizard

Does anyone own the gold and the graphite? I know having two Oasis is a bit much but I am tempted
Old 06-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #29
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I was at a Best Buy a couple weeks ago, and they didn't have the gold Oasis on display only the graphite one. I would like to see the gold one in person, just to see it. I wouldn't buy another one just for the color. Although I would probably have bought a gold one instead of graphite. Maybe on the next Oasis to come out they will have rose gold too. I also like rose gold.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:31 AM   #30
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I was at a Best Buy a couple weeks ago, and they didn't have the gold Oasis on display only the graphite one. I would like to see the gold one in person, just to see it. I wouldn't buy another one just for the color. Although I would probably have bought a gold one instead of graphite. Maybe on the next Oasis to come out they will have rose gold too. I also like rose gold.
I want the 32GB. I am thinking of buying the gold oasis at best buy after selling my ipad.