Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 03:59 AM   #1
sjefclaassen
sjefclaassen began at the beginning.

Device: sony
automatic changing christian names and family names

I want all my writers in the lists as family name, christian name.
This can of course be changed book by book, but if I have a list of books, all with christian name Family name, can I change them with one command into familyname, christian name?
sjefclaassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #2
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The plugin quality check has an option to swap between First Name Last Name to Last Name, First Name.

You need to install the plugin
Preferences -> Plug-ins -> Get new plug-ins -> select "Quality Check" (you can filter to find it easily) -> install -> add it to the main toolbar

And then click on quality check -> fix -> Swap author FN LN
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjefclaassen View Post
I want all my writers in the lists as family name, christian name.
This can of course be changed book by book, but if I have a list of books, all with christian name Family name, can I change them with one command into familyname, christian name?
You'd better hope the author is not Jewish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:59 AM   #4
sjefclaassen
sjefclaassen began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Thank you, I will check whether it brings what I want
sjefclaassen is offline   Reply With Quote