Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-01-2015, 11:04 AM   #46
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Does anyone still archive the old releases? Ixtab hasn't added new ones in a while and neither has dsmid.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #47
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Does anyone still archive the old releases? Ixtab hasn't added new ones in a while and neither has dsmid.
Nor has twobob - who I think is gone from this scene forever.

- - - -

I have made 'archival' copies of source releases (including the couple that 'disappeared').

But no organized effort to make archival copies of the binary releases.
The main exception is a few of the 5.6.x series but not a complete set of those.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #48
tono1020
Connoisseur
tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook (Gen3, Opus), K3, K4NT, PW, PW2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I made backups for following KV firmwares:
- update_kindle_voyage_5.6.1.bin
- update_kindle_voyage_5.6.1.0.1.bin
- update_kindle_voyage_5.6.1.0.3.bin
- update_kindle_voyage_5.6.1.0.5.bin
- update_kindle_voyage_5.6.2.1.bin
- update_kindle_voyage_5.6.5.bin
tono1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #49
tono1020
Connoisseur
tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!tono1020 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook (Gen3, Opus), K3, K4NT, PW, PW2, KV
And for PW2:
- update_kindle_5.4.2.bin
- update_kindle_5.4.3.bin
- update_kindle_5.4.3.1.bin
- update_kindle_5.4.3.2.bin
- update_kindle_5.4.5.bin
- update_kindle_5.4.5.1.bin
- update_kindle_paperwhite_v2_5.6.1.bin
- update_kindle_paperwhite_v2_5.6.1.0.2.bin
tono1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:30 AM   #50
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
This link is valid so far
http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...e_v2_5.6.5.bin
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #51
Runisco
Runisco began at the beginning.

Device: 7th gen Paperwhite
Brand new 7th gen Paperwhite 3 owner here, hope this is the right place to ask some questions.
I understand this method ONLY works for PW2 & PW3 on 5.6.5, so I put my kindle in airplane mode, and then downloaded the 5.6.5 update to my computer to transfer over via USB to update.

1: Is the method I described above good?
2: From reading every response on these 4 pages, Am I correct in assuming this method, once released, does not require a hardware mod?
Runisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:40 AM   #52
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runisco View Post
Brand new 7th gen Paperwhite 3 owner here, hope this is the right place to ask some questions.
I understand this method ONLY works for PW2 & PW3 on 5.6.5, so I put my kindle in airplane mode, and then downloaded the 5.6.5 update to my computer to transfer over via USB to update.

1: Is the method I described above good?
2: From reading every response on these 4 pages, Am I correct in assuming this method, once released, does not require a hardware mod?
It **should** work on any 5.6.5 firmware but hasn't been tested on anything other than a PW2 and PW3 yet.

1) Yes
2) Yes
Old 10-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #53
ad1217
ad1217 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think someone else already volunteered, but I also have a KV (Wifi) that I could test with.
ad1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #54
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1217 View Post
I think someone else already volunteered, but I also have a KV (Wifi) that I could test with.
Thanks.

5,000 views in a week, I think B.D. might want to change his estimate of only a 100 people going to use this.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #55
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
This isn't necessarily supposed to work on anything other than a PW2/PW3. It might, but please don't get your hopes up and assume it will. Furthermore, only tested on English language devices (I think). May run into a lot of bugs when it comes out.

As a note, you'll have to factory reset your device before attempting the jailbreak.

I haven't heard anything back from amazon other than "we're still working on it." Hopefully something more substantial this week depending on what they're doing to implement a fix...
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #56
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branch Delay View Post
This isn't necessarily supposed to work on anything other than a PW2/PW3. It might, but please don't get your hopes up and assume it will.
No problem, still willing to test it. NiLuJe can testify that I have done crazier things with my Kindles in the past.

Quote:
Furthermore, only tested on English language devices (I think). May run into a lot of bugs when it comes out.

As a note, you'll have to factory reset your device before attempting the jailbreak.
Again no problem. My KV was bought in the US and although I connected it to my German account, I never changed the language as I want to use it in English. And factory reset is peanuts if we manage to JB the KV.

Quote:
I haven't heard anything back from amazon other than "we're still working on it." Hopefully something more substantial this week depending on what they're doing to implement a fix...
At least they answered. But if the rumour saying they will launch a new KV soon is true, then they might just not "work on it" at all, since they might launch the KV2 with a new FW (I am betting 6.0) which they would roll-out to the others devices anyway, thus having already solved the problem, just waiting for KV2 launch. Far fetched, I know, but stranger things have happened it the past (they did indeed totally surprise me with the PW3).
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 10.x, and 11.x are in-use by Android devices.
I don't see any 9.x
I do see they had to change their numbering scheme.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:49 PM   #58
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
6.x, 7.x, 8.x, 10.x, and 11.x are in-use by Android devices.
I don't see any 9.x
I do see they had to change their numbering scheme.
of course.. I forgot !!! Well, at least I did not bet money...

well off we go to 5.7 then I guess..very less exciting...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #59
stupidhaiku
stupidhaiku began at the beginning.

Device: KV
I don't have my hopes up too high for it working on the KV, don't worry. Still willing to sacrifice the device for science.
stupidhaiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #60
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I would like to test it, too.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking