Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #361
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
When I found i had 2 kual, i try to reset my kindle oasis 1, and then use kindle-jailbreak .
But "K5 JailBreak (5.0.x - 5.4.4.2) | kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15035.tar.xz" failed, it was rejected by the kindle OS- invalid image.
I use the 5.9.6 version.
(before upgrade to 5.9.6, the kindle-jailbreak-1.15 can work in 5.9.4, but jailbreak-1.14 failed.)

So now i can't use the kual and KoReader.
What part of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
NEVER AGAIN USE THE "Reset" MENU ENTRY.
Never, ever, unless you intended to wipe out the jailbreak survival code. Which you really, really, need.
failed to translate?

Try installing the attachment to:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4
Using the same UYK menu entry you would use to install an Amazon update package.

If that doesn't fix your problems, your S.O.L.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:17 AM   #362
whoiam
whoiam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis&paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What part of:

failed to translate?

Try installing the attachment to:
Using the same UYK menu entry you would use to install an Amazon update package.

If that doesn't fix your problems, your S.O.L.
For this image(1.14-nomax), I can use the to "update kindle", but during update process, the upgrade report failed with error-code 007.

PS: in version 5.9.5, i also met the same problem (two kual),and use reset kindle, then re-install the 1.15 to success recovery the kual (at that time, 1.14 is report un-verifyed image after i eject kindle from pc)
whoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #363
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so repeat what worked for you previously.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:50 AM   #364
whoiam

Quote:
so repeat what worked for you previously.
In 5.9.5, after reset,
1) copy "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin" to root directory, and then eject the kindle, and use menu->update
2)after the kindle auto reboot finish, copy"kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r15025.tar.xz" and "Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.11_install.bin" to kindle
3) search "log mrpi" to install kual successful.

PS: in the step 1, old "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin " can't work, kindle will report un-verified image after eject it.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #365
knc1
Going Viral

PS: Guess what, the reason there is a 1.15 is because 1.14 does not work in some cases.
But it is nice that you took the time to verify that.

Step 2:
Did you mean to copy the archive or just the archive contents?
(Because if the Kindle can handle an xz compressed archive, it is very big news here.)
And where to on the Kindle did you copy it?
Advert
Old 06-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #366
whoiam

Quote:
PS: Guess what, the reason there is a 1.15 is because 1.14 does not work in some cases.
But it is nice that you took the time to verify that.

Step 2:
Did you mean to copy the archive or just the archive contents?
(Because if the Kindle can handle an xz compressed archive, it is very big news here.)
And where to on the Kindle did you copy it?
In Step 2 in 5.9.5,
1)unzip "2-kual-mrinstaller-1.7.N-r15025.tar.xz",copy 2 directory(extensions&mrpackages) to kindle root directory.
2)unzip "KUAL-v2.7.11-g456d03a-20180601.tar.xz", copy "Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.11_install.bin" to kindle directory "mrpackages"
--------------------------------------------
now in 5.9.6, ';log mrpi' no any result, so try to reinstall "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin" but failed.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #367
knc1
Going Viral

Try the attachment to this post:
Its purpose in life is to 'fix' MrPI (among other things).

Install as if it was an Amazon package (that is, top of usb storage and UYK menu entry).
Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #368
whoiam

Quote:
Try the attachment to this post:
Its purpose in life is to 'fix' MrPI (among other things).

Install as if it was an Amazon package (that is, top of usb storage and UYK menu entry).
had tested in post #362 , in version 5.9.6, this update failed ,report error code 7.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #369
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@whoiam: 7 or U007?

7 means you restarted your device, and that was never going to work, so, PEBCAK.
U007 mean you did it the right way (UYK), but your JailBreak's gone. In which case, game over.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #370
whoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

7 means you restarted your device, and that was never going to work, so, PEBCAK.
U007 mean you did it the right way (UYK), but your JailBreak's gone. In which case, game over.
My system language is Chinese, the code I see is “更新错误007", it means "Update error:007"---- Is it U007 to you?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:58 AM   #371
whoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

from this "update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bi n " post, it seems run command "/kindletool convert -i Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin"

But in fact, i used the jailbreak_hotfix_1.15 before, is it the error reason?
Old 06-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #372
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@whoiam: Then, yeah, congratulations, you've wiped your JB.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:27 PM   #373
Sojourn
Sojourn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Woo!

Just wanted to let you know that I got the screensaver hack working on my KOA2 -- this is the reason I wanted to jailbreak in the first place, and I'm so excited to have it on my new(-ish) Kindle! Thanks for your hard work on the new snapshot.
Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:52 PM   #374
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Just pushed a new wave of snapshots. Mostly updated binaries, because of the switch to Linaro 2018.05.

Some third-party Python modules got a conk on the head to make them behave, too.
Also, USBNet now bundles FBInk, as promised .
Old 07-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #375
kindleDXB009
kindleDXB009 began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDX B009 v2.5.8
thank you for your hard work

The latest Update_fonts_5.16.N_k2_dx_k3_install.bin from this site is the same function as the Update_fonts_5.16.N_dxg_install.bin from wiki site (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kin...nd_4.x_Kindles) for DX B009?

Thanks,
James
kindleDXB009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje