Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy View Post
As a simple-minded consumer (completely clueless with the Kindle at the moment) and as a software developer I would expect that touching the "Home" icon would take me back to the "original" Kindle launch screen?
yes, it is supposed to. but there is a bug related with that.
Quote:
Defect or not? RTFM (err, wiki) did not really point me into a specific direction.
Did you read the second post?

Quote:
Many thanks in advance for your support!
I can propose a way to exit from the app: just replace attached (koreader.zip) readermenu.lua with the existing one. This one adds a new item to upper menu to exit from the app similar to this one:
Spoiler:

I think having the exit and last viewed item option on the home menu is cooler though, looking forward to have it

EDIT: corrected the icon problem mentioned on #23

It is quite possible that this file could be outdated for the future releases of the koreader, you should check the differences between two files. I may send an updated version here if the problem still exist for them.

BTW: kpvbooklet hack is available now.

Last edited by thomass; 03-31-2013 at 10:18 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #17
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Hi,

Whenever I touch the "Home" button in the upper toolbar, I always get taken back to the FileManager, but never to the Kindle main screen?
Yes. It's a known bug of koreader. You can track this bug here. For now you can avoid this by launching Koreader with KPVBooklet. More info can be found at the user guide page of Koreader.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #18
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
For the Kindle 4, currently Librerator is recommended (as is written - and linked to! - in the OP). I doubt that there will be a K4 version of the new KOReader code base faster than there will be a K2/KDX/K3 one.
I think koreader lost interest to many users, because all we use kpdfviewer have a K3 or KDXG and now in the new Koreader not been taken into account these models, which are the basis of the program. KPDFViewer and Koreader should be merged into one as it was the original idea, the program should be strengthened not weakened or divided. that's my opinion and I think the proof is that there is no participation in the forums about the new koreader as it had before with KPDFViewer. Anyway thanks to all those who give life to this program.
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #19
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hmm.. right.. or you could just say that this program is currently geared toward meeting the dire need on the "far more advanced and solid machines" for a decent interface and that meeting the needs of the predecessors is a secondary goal "right now"

They are not mutually exclusive ends.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #20
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

of course, I think Koreader should support K3 and KDX and follow all together the program development.
Advert
Old 03-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #21
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I am saying that is indeed a noble thing, but reality dictates development is most properly segmented based on specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-bound goals.

These is nothing to prevent that (your request) being the case in the future, in fact given that this codebase is more-or-less ported from the original that is more likely to become a realistic reality than many of the "But I would like" requests in many of these threads

It's an open source project and the code to support the lower devices is freely available in the other older project as you rightly pointed out... Nothing to stop you jumping on adding that as an option. However focusing on providing the "actually missing" functionality as opposed to providing good support for the "temporarily elided" functionality HAS to be a more worthy goal right now.

And for the record I AGREE with you. This just makes more sense and no amount of saying "But I want this other thing" will change that.

Don't make me break out the pet unicorn pictures
Old 03-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #22
ondasalfa

ok I agree, just we have to wait a bit. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:58 AM   #23
daffy
daffy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Did you read the second post?

Actually, yes, I did What I failed to read was the linked issue, and what I only found now is what looks like a very nice defect report created by you (https://github.com/koreader/kindlepdfviewer/issues/814)

Alas, with me being totally new to the Kindle and not familiar with the software ecosystem underneath, I was unable to recognize the connection earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I can propose a way to exit from the app: just replace attached readermenu.lua with the existing one. This one adds a new item to upper menu to exit from the app similar ...
Thank you very much for this suggestion! From your verbal description it seems as if you added the "quit" item to the tab_item_table, with a distinct icon, and exitReader() as the lambda implementation (didn't do a diff, so relying on your description)

Two things:
1.) My koreader implementation does not come with a "resources/icons/appbar.quit.png" resource; having blindly copied the script in place, this was causing abnormal program termination as soon as I tried to invoke the main tab bar

2.) After editing readermenu.lua to refer to "resources/icons/appbar.home.png", i.e.

- icon = "resources/icons/appbar.quit.png",
+ icon = "resources/icons/appbar.home.png",

I get the expected behaviour - the application terminates. This is indeed a gross hack, but I was too lazy to identify or create a more suitable icon.

So, all in all: Thank you very much!
daffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 AM   #24
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
KOreader looks like first properly(?) working djvu reader for K5/KPW and thats great. COnverting big djvu books to pdf was pain in the ass and the size grew x10.
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #25
6od9
6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

hi, I ran KOreader on Kindle Touch and I can not close it! help me how to close it?
6od9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #26
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6od9 View Post
hi, I ran KOreader on Kindle Touch and I can not close it! help me how to close it?
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/15 not sure...

but https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=23 looks helpful...
Old 03-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #27
6od9
6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'6od9 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
thank you, I did not notice it
6od9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:53 PM   #28
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
After editing readermenu.lua to refer to "resources/icons/appbar.home.png", i.e.

- icon = "resources/icons/appbar.quit.png",
+ icon = "resources/icons/appbar.home.png",

I get the expected behaviour - the application terminates. This is indeed a gross hack, but I was too lazy to identify or create a more suitable icon.
actually I edited it to
Code:
icon = "resources/info-error.png",
before posting here but sent the wrong file
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
Eithrial
Enthusiast
Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Eithrial knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
Please add option "jump to page". It's the only thing which is missing imho. Beside dictionary, but I suppose dictionary its much much harder to implement.
Eithrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #30
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eithrial View Post
Please add option "jump to page". It's the only thing which is missing imho. Beside dictionary, but I suppose dictionary its much much harder to implement.
And how can that target location be identified in the file?
Many of these formats do not have "hard" page breaks.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch