Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #61
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm. I see nothing wrong with the systemic ones (I just ran the files you sent)
I didn't send you separate config files, just a cat of them. Are you sure 'uncat'ing them preserved the ^Ms? I'm asking because I was able to show systemic entries by running dos2unix /mnt/us/extensions/systemic/config.xml, which tells me that that config.xml was broken (with ^Ms inside). Or maybe you're using a version > 0.2?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #62
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah. that is probably it. hence me attaching the tool

re HUR perhaps try https://github.com/varnie/HackedUpRe...ReaderLauncher

I just bodged on the two files.

Less than ideal. but works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_147.png
Views:	1580
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	99817   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_148.png
Views:	1705
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	99818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_149.png
Views:	1263
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	99819   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_146.png
Views:	1345
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	99820   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_145.png
Views:	1307
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	99821  

Last edited by twobob; 01-21-2013 at 05:31 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #63
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah. that is probably it. hence me attaching the tool
Yap, dos2unix fixed komic/config.xml too, while hackedupreader still isn't showing even after dos2unixing its config.xml - but menu type=java there.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #64
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
Right. you want params on button names. maybe. Ill have a look.
Mmm no, I don't care about params, why not just showing the xml name field if there's one - like in Orientation extension? Ref. #51-52.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 AM   #65
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Mmm no, I don't care about params, why not just showing the xml name field if there's one - like in Orientation extension? Ref. #51-52.
We looked at this last night. yes the labels are not made from the long names.

I will have a go at appending the param. might get them. that would do
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 AM   #66
twobob

Quote:
Yap, dos2unix fixed komic/config.xml too, while hackedupreader still isn't showing even after dos2unixing its config.xml - but menu type=java there.
post #62

Updated Known Issues: 3rd Party Software.

Last edited by twobob; 01-21-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #67
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
post #62
Updated Known Issues: 3rd Party Software.
Yes, the alternative launcher works for me too. Too bad the original jar launcher can't be included as it provides several additional items. Is there a way to launch that jar from a sh script?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #68
twobob

If you jump inside it you can see that it welds items back into the MENU system via Yifan orignal menuable wangle.

So really the question should be: could we implement an autocreated list that does much the same thing. but for our menu. Answer: probably. But since I don't even use HUR... it's not high on my personal list. it would be a case of iterating over "something" and spitting out the right param list. also totally doable.

On the "Nice To Have" List. Okay?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #69
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Let us adopt the habit of having the author always provide a detached signature file that can be checked for authentic with a pgp or gpg public key.

All host OSs support that checking (with either the pgp or gpg applications) - so signature checking can be off-kindle ;
Each provider of an archive can use their own key pair ;
Each provider can post their public key of the pair in a trusted location - here or on a public gpg key server ;

Done.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #70
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Version 0.2
I tried a new version. It is a bit more demanding for my apps. In previous version all the apps behave correctly. In this one Leafpad loses its keyboard, but I can easily solve it within my app.
Summing up all the apps I tested work with new launcher on KT 5.3.2
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #71
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I tried a new version. It is a bit more demanding for my apps. In previous version all the apps behave correctly. In this one Leafpad loses its keyboard, but I can easily solve it within my app.
Summing up all the apps I tested work with new launcher on KT 5.3.2
Great. Hoping this suicidal method was what you were after.

Perhaps it could be a selectable option [DIE / NOT DIE]

Thanks baf : Updated the Known Issues thingy

Last edited by twobob; 01-21-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #72
twobob

Added to TODO:

Implement more generic interfaces
http://kdk-javadocs.s3.amazonaws.com...e-summary.html

and

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs...Component.html
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #73
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Version 0.2

That is to say: Now when you click a menu item the Kindlet exits. One shot.

Thanks,
Oh, as far as kterm is concerned - no more problem going to sleep with it. When Kindle wakes up, it goes back to the kterm. So that helper to kill all kterm can be removed.

As far as the closing on everything goes, meh. It might be a good idea to have it by default close on launch, but please make it optional so we can keep the launcher alive. Well if that is not too much work :P
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #74
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
So, after all, it was my fault.
Sorry about it! I checked every single file for this kind of problem but, probably, I left out config.xml.
Just to know: the problem was with the one for the launcher, or with the one for the WAF itself (placed inside the bin folder)?

Anyway, I still don't know why they always worked with DOS line endings in my kindle!

EDIT: does Komic work with 5.3.2 firmware in the kindle touch or with the Paperwhite?
I didn't update my touch yet...

Last edited by silver18; 01-21-2013 at 08:43 AM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #75
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@silver18: Because they were not parsed with this launcher, but with the old one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified