Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #46
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
I have jbpatch installed and working, that means kindlet jb too, doesn't it?
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #47
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
I don't see any problem with menus in my apps. Skipstone, Gnash and Leafpad seem to work normally from launcher. This is on KT 5.3.2

Anyway I can imagine that such configuration may raise problems with multiple windows. Possible solution might be to close launcher window before running an extension.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #48
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Re the crash, the word "APPLICATIONS" quickly appears on the screen then the error box and APPLICATIONS goes away.

Gotta go now. But first a question about usability. The launcher being a document icon is listed in the home screen after all collections, which on my KT puts it in 4th page. So to launch any program I have to hit Home, scroll 4 pages, tap launcher etc. Is there any way you could make the launcher icon sit at the very top of the home screen list? Current work-around is creating a collection named __1 (or whatever puts it at the very top of the home screen), then adding the launcher to that collection; this trims the number of steps down to hitting Home, tapping __1 then the launcher icon, etc.
Sort by active content?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #49
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I don't see any problem with menus in my apps. Skipstone, Gnash and Leafpad seem to work normally from launcher. This is on KT 5.3.2

Anyway I can imagine that such configuration may raise problems with multiple windows. Possible solution might be to close launcher window before running an extension.
I fully agree.

Perhaps the suicide clause should be rolled out.
Once I figure out how to activate it

Where's a developer when you need one : D
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #50
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
I have jbpatch installed and working, that means kindlet jb too, doesn't it?
I think so by default yes. its in the list of options IIRC
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 06:44 PM   #51
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

orientation extension

It doesn't seem to be "orientation" but take a look at it anyway, because what I get is 4 entries (yes! it's working now, but more on that below) all with the same title (the shell script name) - usability issue
config.xml
Spoiler:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<extension>
<information>
<name>Orientation</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<author>Yifan Lu</author>
<id>orientation</id>
</information>
<menus>
<menu type="json">menu.json</menu>
</menus>
</extension>

menu.json
Spoiler:

{
"items": [
{
"name": "Orientation",
"priority": 5,
{"name": "Portrait", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "U"},
{"name": "Portrait Inverted", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "D"},
{"name": "Landscape Left", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "L"},
{"name": "Landscape Right", "priority": 3, "action": "bin/setorientation.sh", "params": "R"}
]
}
]
}

In swapping some sub-folders out and back in the launcher stopped crashing, so unfortunately I can't reproduce this crash anymore. However, now when all extensions are included the launcher menu wrongly shows just your helper entries, so I'm thinking that I should be able to identify the bad guy anyhow. Will continue swapping in/out tomorrow.

A usability issue: Your 6 helper entries fill up exactly one page here, so if I try scrolling that page to look for more (non-existent in this case) entries I always end up starting one the 6 entries by mistake. I can't tell due to previous issue, but will it show scrollbars or allow scrolling when more than a pagefull of extensions is available?

Last edited by stepk; 01-20-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #52
twobob

It resizes the buttons to one page. it can handle up to 30 in one page.

Right. you want params on button names. maybe. Ill have a look.

If you can find what broke it then great

EDIT: It now paginates results

Last edited by twobob; 01-27-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #53
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post

I could add a
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd stop app://com.lab126.booklet.kindlet");

for now.

Using an indirection shell script I could terminate the application normally prior to launching kterm. I will check what happens just calling the process without one.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #54
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
heh. if only it were true.
EDIT: or should I say

OMG I hope so.

For example. I read all I can get my hands on... perhaps I am an oddity.

Just use practical units. Measure both glancing and staring in a number of contributions (pull requests).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #55
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
It resizes the buttons to one page. it can handle up to 30 in one page.

Right. you want params on button names. maybe. Ill have a look.

If you can find what broke it then great
I told you it crashed when you got too many entries. That is more than likely the problem. Can't remember how many I did make. And did not look for the magic number, as you said it is only useable (as in readable) for so many.

Solution: Extend launcher for nested menus, or scrollable menus. I vote for both.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #56
twobob

Version 0.2
Quote:
Some tidyup stuff including termination of known-to-misbehave applications "in code".

Removal of script based kills from "Helper"

procedural sub shell execution and suicidal one shot implementation.
That is to say: Now when you click a menu item the Kindlet exits. One shot.

Thanks,
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #57
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Version 0.2

That is to say: Now when you click a menu item the Kindlet exits. One shot.

Thanks,
I like the new changes. Have to try them out in morning. Does that mean, that I can change the menu.json during execution of a script, and since the launcher has to be restarted, then it would read the changed menu afresh. And do we end up back on home screen?

If we do end up back in homescreen, that might be a slight inconvenience if one disables screensaver out of helper, and wants to start something else afterwards.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #58
stepk
Groupie

found what broke the launcher menu

systemic makes no launcher menu entries
hackedupreader makes no launcher menu entries
komic kills all entries but Helper extension's

So komic's the main culprit.
kackedupreader's menu type is java, I guess it's an unsupported type - it would be great if it could be supported.
I don't know why systemic makes no entries.

I'm attaching a gz file - I noticed that some xml/json files include ^M characters, perhaps that's the issue.

./komic/bin/config.xml
Spoiler:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
id="com.silver18.komic001"
version="1.9"
viewmodes="application">

<name>Komic v2.0</name>
<description>A Kindle comic reader</description>
<content src="index.html"/>

<kindle:gestures>
<param name="drag" value="yes"/>
<param name="pinchzoom" value="yes" properties="fire-on-zoom:1"/>
<param name="tap" value="yes"/>
<param name="multi_tap" value="no"/>
<param name="hold" value="yes"/>
</kindle:gestures>

<feature name="http://kindle.amazon.com/apis" required="true">
<param name="appmgr" value="yes"/>
<param name="chrome" value="yes"/>
<param name="dev" value="yes"/>
<param name="download" value="yes"/>
<param name="gestures" value="yes"/>
<param name="messaging" value="yes"/>
<param name="net" value="yes"/>
<param name="viewport" value="yes"/>
</feature>

<kindle:messaging>
<kindle:app name="com.lab126.pillow" value="yes"/>
<kindle:app name="com.lab126.system" value="yes"/>
</kindle:messaging>

<kindle:chrome>
<kindle:asset key="useCustomSearchBar" value="true"/>
</kindle:chrome>

</widget>

./komic/menu.json
Spoiler:

{
{
"name": "Komic v2.0",
"priority": 2,
{"name": "Run Komic", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/start.sh"},
{"name": "Decompress CBZs and CBRs", "priority": 1, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/decompress.sh"},
{"name": "Rename files", "priority": 2, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/rename.sh"},
{"name": "Delete scheduled folders", "priority": 3, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/delete.sh"}
{"name": "Move and rename screenshots", "priority": 4, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/movescreenshots.sh"}
{"name": "Check for updates", "priority": 5, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/checkupdate.sh"}
{"name": "Disable sounds", "priority": 6, "action": "bin/resource/Scripts/sounds.sh"}

]
}
]
}

./komic/config.xml
Spoiler:

<extension>
<information>
<name>Komic</name>
<version>2.0</version>
<author>Silver18</author>
<id>Komic</id>
</information>
<menus>
<menu type="json" dynamic="true">menu.json</menu>
</menus>
</extension>

./hackedupreader/config.xml
Spoiler:

<extension>
<information>
<name>HackedUpReader Plugin</name>
<version>1.2</version>
<author>Patric Mueller</author>
<id>hackedupreaderplugin</id>
</information>
<menus>
<menu type="java" jar="/opt/amazon/ebook/lib/HackedUpReaderExtension.jar">com.github.bhaak.Hack edUpReaderExtension</menu>
</menus>
</extension>

./systemic/menu.json
Spoiler:

{
{
"name": "System",
"priority": 0,
{"name": "Run Gray Install: | BEGIN", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/start_update.sh"},
{"name": "ScreenSaver: | STOP ", "priority": 10, "action": "bin/ssprevent.sh"},
{"name": "ScreenSaver: | ALLOW ", "priority": 11, "action": "bin/ssallow.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor: | SHOW ", "priority": 20, "action": "bin/cursorsallow.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor: | HIDE ", "priority": 21, "action": "bin/cursorsprevent.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor Toggle: | INSTALL **", "priority": 22, "action": "bin/installer.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor Toggle: | REMOVE **", "priority": 23, "action": "bin/uninstaller.sh"},
{"name": "411 (Other Info)", "priority": 52, "action": "bin/411.sh", "params": "411"},
{"name": "711 (Device & Network Info)", "priority": 50, "action": "bin/411.sh", "params": "711"}
]
}
]
}

./systemic/config.xml
Spoiler:

<extension>
<information>
<name>Systemic</name>
<version>1.1</version>
<author>Twobob</author>
<id>systemic</id>
</information>
<menus>
<menu type="json" dynamic="true">menu.json</menu>
</menus>
</extension>
Attached Files
File Type: gz ll.gz (1.3 KB, 822 views)

Last edited by stepk; 01-21-2013 at 04:45 AM. Reason: attach
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #59
stepk
Groupie

Quote:
Sort by active content?
what's that? I can sort my home screen by recent/title/author/collections. There's no "active content" sort criteria. Ref. #48
Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #60
twobob

hmm. I see nothing wrong with the systemic ones (I just ran the files you sent)

Quote:
Spoiler:
{
{
"name": "System",
"priority": 0,
{"name": "Run Gray Install: | BEGIN", "priority": 0, "action": "bin/start_update.sh"},
{"name": "ScreenSaver: | STOP ", "priority": 10, "action": "bin/ssprevent.sh"},
{"name": "ScreenSaver: | ALLOW ", "priority": 11, "action": "bin/ssallow.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor: | SHOW ", "priority": 20, "action": "bin/cursorsallow.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor: | HIDE ", "priority": 21, "action": "bin/cursorsprevent.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor Toggle: | INSTALL **", "priority": 22, "action": "bin/installer.sh"},
{"name": "Cursor Toggle: | REMOVE **", "priority": 23, "action": "bin/uninstaller.sh"},
{"name": "411 (Other Info)", "priority": 52, "action": "bin/411.sh", "params": "411"},
{"name": "711 (Device & Network Info)", "priority": 50, "action": "bin/411.sh", "params": "711"}
]
}
]
}
seems to work okay here...

(Entries created)

I have attached dos2unix.

Maybe worth running that over your config files that are being grumpy... (doesn't hurt)
(My Komic ones were wrong line-endings too IIRC)

Re Active content... Really? Oh sorry. Then -like on my 3- I guess you would just make an Active Content Collection and do it that way.

RE: Hacked up reader - supporting JAR + Java, not gonna happen, the exact opposite of what this is doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_140.png
Views:	1426
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	99812   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_141.png
Views:	1395
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	99813   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_142.png
Views:	1149
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	99814   Click image for larger version

Name:	flat.jpg
Views:	1247
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	99815  
Attached Files
File Type: zip dos2unix.zip (288.1 KB, 966 views)
File Type: gz dos2unix.tar.gz (295.3 KB, 782 views)

Last edited by twobob; 01-21-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified