Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
silverzhao
Enthusiast
silverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanesilverzhao makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle Touch
Disable network validation when KT connects to an AP

Hi, today I find out how to disable network validation when connecting to an AP on KT.

On KT, in the file /etc/upstart/wifid.conf:
Code:
script
  # If the WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE flag file is present in the userstore,
  # pass the '-n' option to wifid to disable network validation
  # when connecting to an AP.
  [ -e /mnt/us/WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE ] && PARAMS="$PARAMS -n" || true

exec wifid -f $PARAMS $ARGS
end script
So I just touch a file called WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE on the root of usb drive:
Code:
# touch /mnt/us/WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE
# restart wifid
Now you can connect to any wireless AP, even the one which needs web login through a browser, such as those in the university campus.

Hope this information is helpful for you.
silverzhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
LRond
LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.LRond can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Touch
thanks for this, you helped me very much
LRond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
maaxaam
maaxaam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Can you please explain to me how to create that file, or which extension to use on it... thank you...
maaxaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Do not use any extension, just the name exactly as shown, in upper-case letters.
If you're on Windows open a console window (command prompt) and type
c:
then press the ENTER key, then type
cd \
then press the ENTER key, then type
echo.>WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE
then press the ENTER key, then start Explorer (My Computer) and go to the top of drive C: you should find file WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE. Connect your kindle with USB, drag and drop the file to you kindle right at the top. It should be at the same level as your "documents" folder. Disconnect kindle, restart kindle.
If you're on linux... right click the desktop and create a new file named WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE. Then connect your kindle and drag&drop, etc.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE

I zipped up a completely EMPTY file like stepk says.
unzip the one attached here and place it on the root of the kindle if making an extensionless file is beyond your capabilities.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WIFI_NO_NET_PROBE.zip (132 Bytes, 608 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
maaxaam
maaxaam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thank you for your help.
I do appreciate it. I rarely ask question, but this one I could not figure out on my own.
maaxaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #7
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

meh its cool. This is the second file with nothing in it I have zipped up for here.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
meh its cool. This is the second file with nothing in it I have zipped up for here.
Support Desk Secret: The two are interchangeable if you rename them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Support Desk Secret: The two are interchangeable if you rename them.
Nah, I don't believe you. I will compare their MD5 digest to find out if you're telling the truth.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Nah, I don't believe you. I will compare their MD5 digest to find out if you're telling the truth.
Not me, our newest "Demo Guy" -
Photo and homepage link at:
http://wiki.knetconnect.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MikeTwo
Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
twobob

I love that guy... Plus his new page utterly rules..
Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I love that guy... Plus his new page utterly rules..
I am going to stare at it for a few days before I start the work to have that prototype layout generated when a new user registers.

But unless someone bitches loud and long during that time - that's what users are going to get for a profile page.

(And Yes - with the corrected graphics you sent me - the broken banners are place holders in the layout for now.)

Tags
k5 tools, kindle modifications